News   Jul 15, 2024
 735     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 890     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 627     0 

Cycling infrastructure (Separated bike lanes)

Per: http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=6f3f89b8abbe3510VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

16. Richmond Street East and West Watermain & TTC Track Replacement Road Resurfacing

Planned start date: July 4, 2016

Planned End Date: November 30, 2016

Location: Richmond St East and West . (Church Street to York Street)

Description of Work: Crews will replace sections of the watermain (Yonge Street to Bay Street) and complete connections to other watermains. They will also reconstruct the TTC track allowance from Victoria Street to York Street. Lastly, they will resurface the road, and complete partial reconstruction of curb and sidewalk, including streetscape work, from Church Street to York Street.

Traffic Restrictions: Work will be staged throughout the project length, traffic on Richmond Street will be limited to one lane through work areas.

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 8.21.15 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 8.21.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 8.21.15 PM.png
    32 KB · Views: 481
That might work out OK. I've been impressed with the winter snow clearing of the bike lanes, especially for the past 2 years.

DMW just tweeted out his committee recommendations, and it's pretty much the worst possible outcome for vulnerable road users in Toronto. Look for every bike lane in the city to be systematically ripped out, no new ones implemented, and more pedestrians and cyclists to die or be maimed because of the composition of this committee:

I'm apoplectic.

Councillor Christin Carmichael Greb
Councillor Stephen Holyday
Councillor Chin Lee
Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti
Councillor Anthony Perruzza

DMW just tweeted out his committee recommendations, and it's pretty much the worst possible outcome for vulnerable road users in Toronto. Look for every bike lane in the city to be systematically ripped out, no new ones implemented, and more pedestrians and cyclists to die or be maimed because of the composition of this committee:

I'm apoplectic.

Councillor Chin Lee

Really? This sounds crazy.

I'm apoplectic.

Councillor Chin Lee

I can't seem to find any mention of this on his Twitter account. Where exactly did you see this?

Ah, I see... Well, its not that different than it already was, with the exception of Giorgio on it. The rest are existing members minus Carmichael Greb. (Who voted in favour of Richmond and Adelaide, as well as the Bloor bike lane pilot.)

Right, and it's a huge missed opportunity at a time when the discussion about how this city addresses its chronic and substantial problems with protecting the safety of vulnerable road users is at the fore. A new tone -- and policy -- could have been set at a time when it's badly needed; instead, Mammo was added to the committee.

He of the incessant, dangerous, ludicrous "war on cars" refrain, which he utters at every single opportunity.

Well, that committee has so much to be proud of this year. Congrats. Job. Well. Done. :mad:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-traffic-related-fatalities-1.3815326

It's one day, however, in what police say is shaping up to be a record year for traffic fatalities in Toronto. So far, 65 people have died in traffic-related accidents. By this time last year, 52 people had been killed.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...illed-by-vehicles-since-2011/article30391640/

Every four hours, a pedestrian is hit in Toronto. On average this year, someone dies every 10 days.

Exactly. This is a public health and safety crisis and we know much of it is avoidable. Instead of leadership, we get a crop -- some new and some old -- of harmful, unintelligent, retrograde, hacks.

I'm apoplectic.

Councillor Chin Lee

Yikes, all it needs is Karygiannis to be a who's who of councillors that need to be fired into the sun.

Back