News   Apr 25, 2024
 381     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Pardon my ignorance, how does the Crosstown cross the Don Valley, on a bridge? Is there any picture or rendering of it?

It does not go to their airport, which makes me scratch my head. Also how come their planning is so much shorter?

The airport does 1.6 Million people, 600,000 people less than Billy Bishop in Toronto. It would be nice to have it going to the airport, right now there is no need.
Put the money into getting people from where they live to work and school today.

The airport does 1.6 Million people, 600,000 people less than Billy Bishop in Toronto. It would be nice to have it going to the airport, right now there is no need.
Put the money into getting people from where they live to work and school today.

People actually do WORK at the airport AND the surrounding area. It is considered an employment area.

This is a drawing of the Mt. Pleasant station, from link.

mtpleasant4.jpg

Shows it to be a center platform. Assuming that the rest of the below-grade or above-grade stations will be center platforms as well. There would be a cost savings in reducing the number of escalators and elevators needed. However, from experience, we have seen several times where the current (subway) stations having elevators (and escalators) out-of-service. The question I have, will there be duplicate facilities, in case of maintenance or other problems with the elevators (and escalators)?

Shouldn't be much of a problem with the at-grade stops. No elevators or escalators needed.

This is a drawing of the Mt. Pleasant station, from link.

Shows it to be a center platform. Assuming that the rest of the below-grade or above-grade stations will be center platforms as well. There would be a cost savings in reducing the number of escalators and elevators needed. However, from experience, we have seen several times where the current (subway) stations having elevators (and escalators) out-of-service. The question I have, will there be duplicate facilities, in case of maintenance or other problems with the elevators (and escalators)?

Shouldn't be much of a problem with the at-grade stops. No elevators or escalators needed.
You kidding, TTC putting in more than one elevator per-platform?? Only look as far as the Spadina Extension to see no 2nd elevator, let all the elevators being install now or the last 10 year.

GO/Metrolinx only started to add 2 elevators to some station, but mostly are single and out of service every few days or weeks. Some have ramps outside the station leading to the tunnel, but only one elevator to the platform. They just rebuilt Burlington station that has 2 elevators in the station that has 2 tunnels, but only one elevator to the platform.

Can see the lawsuits come 2026 for these one elevators per platform.

Centre platforms are the way to go and need to be wider than existing ones.

Back