News   Apr 26, 2024
 134     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 345     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 525     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Hey, those are really nice shots. Its nice to get a view of the construction and the scale/scope of the work ongoing.

I'm surprised that we don't see more of the lower density buildings around the station getting scooped up by developers and redeveloped. 2 major transit lines right there would to be be a big pull for investment. (Obviously there are some in the distance a little bit)

Hey, those are really nice shots. Its nice to get a view of the construction and the scale/scope of the work ongoing.

I'm surprised that we don't see more of the lower density buildings around the station getting scooped up by developers and redeveloped. 2 major transit lines right there would to be be a big pull for investment. (Obviously there are some in the distance a little bit)

Welcome to Toronto where most of the city is locked as single-family detached housing. (Yellow)
1594140877754.png

Seriously? They just finished underpinning? I thought they finished a while back. How was this line supposed to open by next year?

I would be VERY surprised if it happens next year given the state of Yonge-Eglinton (doesn't help that they started contruction for that part of the project relatively late either!)

AoD

Seriously? They just finished underpinning? I thought they finished a while back. How was this line supposed to open by next year?

They already stated in 2019 they are looking at a december 2022 opening for the Crosstown. Its known it wont open next year for about a year now.

They already stated in 2019 they are looking at a december 2022 opening for the Crosstown. Its known it wont open next year for about a year now.
I'm aware of the new date. I meant that Metrolinx thought this line would open on time in 2021

I'm aware of the new date. I meant that Metrolinx thought this line would open on time in 2021

There were significant issues with the underpinning they didnt anticipate.

There was an entire electrical, utility, water and piping system under the station that was never marked on any schematics that they needed to reroute and remove.

Once this became apparent, a new timeline was enacted.

Now that most of the street level sections does anyone think that they might do some testing on it by bringing a couple of them out by truck? Also, I'm wondering if Metrolinx still thinks it was a good idea to have built the on-street section at the same time as all of the tunnel sections?

Now that most of the street level sections does anyone think that they might do some testing on it by bringing a couple of them out by truck? Also, I'm wondering if Metrolinx still thinks it was a good idea to have built the on-street section at the same time as all of the tunnel sections?

I was exactly thinking that. Maybe Kennedy to Science Centre, but the EMSF is on the west end of the line, so unfortunately no. Testing will be done from Mount Dennis to each station west when they lay rails. First Keele, then Caledonia, then Fairbank etc.

Back