Couture Condos (Monarch Group) - Real Estate -

Yeah, at 99% off, I'll take a couple floors. See you 'round the pu-el, SNF.

Monarch Couture VIP Sales Starting

Monarch Couture Condos VIP Sales is starting now.
%1 discount, and the best deal in the current market.

If you have an interest to own one, please send me an email birosie@gmail.com right now.

X and Couture

I have been in one of the X units that faces north where the view is totally blocked by the couture and I was shocked from how the two buildings are close to each other. While standing in the unit, you get the feeling that actually someone in the couture unit is in your unit...you need to be in one of these units to feel it. It does not look so bad when you stand on the ground and look on the space between the 2 building.

I also find that the north-west units at the X are more effected then the ones of the north-east (I have seen the two units).

I'm not surprised why many X units that face north are now on the market for sale. The funny thing that the Couture units that faces south have a balcony in the middle which is totally useless, unless you are not into privacy.

My advise stay away as it will be impossible to sell these units.

I have been in one of the X units that faces north where the view is totally blocked by the couture and I was shocked from how the two buildings are close to each other. While standing in the unit, you get the feeling that actually someone in the couture unit is in your unit...you need to be in one of these units to feel it. It does not look so bad when you stand on the ground and look on the space between the 2 building.

I also find that the north-west units at the X are more effected then the ones of the north-east (I have seen the two units).

I'm not surprised why many X units that face north are now on the market for sale. The funny thing that the Couture units that faces south have a balcony in the middle which is totally useless, unless you are not into privacy.

boo hoo

The distance between the two is not that bad. Just look across the street at the X2 construction site. Have you seen how close X2 will be to 550 Massey House? Or if we revisit Charlie vs. The Hudson. Or we can take a look at California vs. iLOFT below. Some people would gladly exchange views for convenience, which I think is the key. I do not think everyone buys a condo for "the views". And if they do, they should do their homework. I have realized that there are people that have balconies and never use them. Then there are those that never open their blinds. Looking into someone elses apartment just shows how quickly Toronto is growing up. It is something that many will have to become accustomed to, as I don't see that changing. Welcome to big city living!

california-condos-1.jpg

Looking into someone elses apartment just shows how quickly Toronto is growing up. It is something that many will have to become accustomed to, as I don't see that changing. Welcome to big city living!

Exactly, for good or bad that is the way things are moving in the last five years. Uptown/Blu along many projects down in the entertainment district and Harbourfront are similar not to mention three or four building clusters by the same developer.

You guys are all silly, I think my 'boo hoo' response was sufficient. Yet you try to justify; Use your typing power for more interesting conversation.

I really hope that the fobs they use is the small grey swipe fob instead of the chunky black button activation fob.

Also does anyone know if the elevator will be fob accessible only?

I just moved into this building and I can tell you the way it looks from the outside is the least of its concerns. Actually, I personally don't mind the look of it, few condos in this city evoke my awe really so I don't see why this one is so bad. The main problem with this building is that Monarch did everything on the cheap. This is the first condo I've lived in or actually even been in where I could hear the people above me just walking around. I literally hear every footfall in the place because no proper insulating pad was installed underneath the laminate flooring ... which extends into the bedroom area... I hear the vacuum cleaner wheels rolling around not to mention the vacuum and the dog barking at it. I haven't got neighbors on my left or right yet but I'm terrified about what sort of noise I will hear when they do. Many of the doors in the building don't have proper springs and slam shut behind you, my friend got injured by one of them. Upon move in, my stove was not installed properly, and I was missing small elements throughout the unit. The fridge is positioned such that the door slams into the wall every time I open it if I'm not holding the door the entire time and the oven is so close to the opposite wall it will probably crack the paint after a while from heat exposure. I can look into my neighbors unit's windows without much effort because the balconies aren't properly divided. Despite being brand new, lots of parts of the building are run down already. Face plates on elevator buttons and signs are not aligned or installed straight and pieces of metal are bent and sticking out in my unit and other places in the common elements.

There is no handicap access anywhere, which doesn't affect me because I'm not disabled but it seems absurd. It also makes it tough when you have a lot of groceries in your hands :p The gym is missing a few key pieces of equipment and doesn't have any of the normal sanitizing products you see in condo gyms which is gross. I saw multiple 1 bedroom configurations before deciding to rent and none of them really had much cabinet space. After moving in, I realized just how little I had. There doesn't seem to be enough parking to go around even though a large majority of the spots in the lot seem to be perpetually vacant. The lobby is a huge wasted space that could have been better used. Sometimes the elevator comes to you but the door doesn't open, the light goes off and you have to wait for another one.. it's fantastic. The Monarch people have had to come to fix things in my unit but have not given me a time or date when they will come and have showed up when I was in the shower and having a guest over. I sometimes can't get hot water in the shower. To top things off, the a/c and heating duct in the bedroom doesn't blow very strong which creates a good temperature differential in there when the door is closed.

All in all, this place is not turning out how I expected. I'm definitely not going to stay here past a year, and I'm not sure if I'm even going to be able to stay for the full year lease. As someone who is planning to buy my first place in a few years, I'm kind of glad I had this experience because I'd feel even worse if I had bought a unit here and was stuck with it. I think many investors are going to have trouble renting once the sound transmission problems become known (assuming I'm not just unlucky to be in the one place they forgot to insulate) and people who purchased to live here may become frustrated as well. I haven't had a chance to see if others are having the same problem yet but my guess is they are. The location IS awesome with the subway just steps away and access to all the fun stuff around here but they really cheaped out on a lot here and it shows.

I walk by this building every day and have to wonder when they plan on cleaning the windows in front. The ones on the left side of the entrance have so much dirt / mud / I don't know what it is! Clean the windows already!!!

I just moved into this building.....

If you owned the unit I'd recommend entering this as part of your Tarion report, one of the sub-trades either cheaped-out or made a mistake on the unit above - and maybe more suites. First, the floor should have a moisture barrier on the concrete, then a quality membrane of some sort (the heart of what stops the transmission of sound) and "best standards" recommend plywood being laid on top of the noise cancelling membrane before the laminate/hardwood goes down.

Back