267     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 270     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.7K     1 

Corktown

The Committee of Adjustment meeting item:

1. 47 EASTERN AVE
File Number: A0200/11TEY Zoning RA(h) (PPR)
Owner(s): 1654197 ONTARIO LIMITED
[ Ward: Toronto Centre-Rosedale (28)
Agent: MOHEBSI MOHAMMAD
PLASTON ARCHITECT LTD
Property Address: 47 EASTERN AVE Community:
Legal Description: PLAN 154E LOTS 1 2 AND PT LOT 3 PLAN 108 PT LOTS 9 TO 11 RP
66R21806 PARTS 2 10 AND 11
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To construct a new seven-storey Automotive Dealership containing five levels of parking on the existing
vacant site.
REQUESTED VARIANCES TO THE ZONING BY-LAW:
1. Section 12(2) 246(f), By-law 438-86
One (1) loading space – Type A and three (3) loading spaces – Type B are to be provided.
In this case, no loading spaces will be provided.
2. Section 12(2) 246(c), By-law 438-86
Buildings or structures shall not be located on a lot further back than 50 m, from a lot line abutting a
street.
The proposed building will be located a maximum of 83.989 m from a lot line abutting a street.

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/cofa_tey_agenda_20jul11AM.pdf

Last edited:
The new Studio B at the former Ritchies site is now open. They've done a pretty decent job on the building, added some plantings in the parking lot area which is softening up that space.

The former leather/fetish shop site just opposite the new Studio B on KIng Street East is excavating at the moment. It will apparently be a 3-floor furniture store. It's a small site so I suspect it will not take long.

TORONTO ON M5A 1L5

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 208871 BLD 00 NB Issued Date: Jun 17, 2011

This is a new three(3) storey mixed use/non residential building. The building will be used for a furniture showroom and office. The basement will be for storage, the first and second floors will be a showroom area and the third floor will be an office area. There is also a mechanical penthouse on the roof of the building.

Close to this, the site at SE corner of Trinity and Front has been fenced off and there are excavators doing something. I think they are intending to demolish the former Trinity Studios building - immediately soth of this on Trinity so this may be the start of that - though there is no permit. I think the other, red-brick, part of the Studios on Front Street will also be demolished as it sits on the coach parking part of the Pan-Am Athletes Village but heardd that it will stay for another year or so.

Last edited:
Whoa! Just googled these gems.

Attachments

• Picture 46.jpg
    Picture 46.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 247
  • Picture 47.jpg
    Picture 47.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 230
Streetcar developments site for corktown district phase 2 has been advertising lofthouses since what seems to be the spring. There is little info other than that there will be 10 with 12 ft. Ceilings. Looking around the neighborhood there are a number of potential locations for such a project but I am not yet familiar with where these might be?

Wheezies (corner of King and Power) seems to have gone bankrupt (before I got my act together to go to it). The same sign (Notice of Landlord's Distress") mentioning Wheezie's as the tenant is also on the odd "food place" at King and Sackville - it was much talked about further up this thread.

Uh oh! I certainly hope not - I really enjoyed their food. Financial problems may help to explain the oft-delayed food store that was supposed to open at the King & Sackville spot, though.

Terrible news for the neighbourhood, if true.

That really is a shame. The restaurant always has had excellent reviews and was a real gem in the neighbourhood.

Back