News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

Corktown District (King & Sumach, Streetcar, to 6s, Quadrangle)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Recommend Corktown//project name or address (Streetcar, 6s, Quadrangle)

For my site I am using this, Corktown-Sumach (Streetcar, 3s, Quadrangle) and have broken the others down as projects like Cityplace

Corktown-530King_St_E (Streetcar, 3s, Quadrangle)

Sales office Jan 11
IMG_jan-11-10-0018.jpg

IMG_jan-11-10-0019.jpg

for $500K +, one would expect at least 8" concrete block or something similar between the units. :eek:

I just received this e-mail from the developer regarding the insulation between units:
"The walls for the townhouses on Bright and Percy Street are 4 layers of drywall, two rows of metal studs and 8†of acoustical mineral wool insulation. Performs well (better than concrete block)."

Can anyone comment on this?

According to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_transmission_class

The sound rating given to that type of construction is high - with a STC rating of 63, and 60+ is considered "superior soundproofing". Concrete blocks provide only 46-53, though concrete block + studded drywall does provide more superior soundproofing (73).

So can we put this sound quality issue to bed? Although having said that the requirements set-out above are for the townhouses, I wonder what the wall construction specifications are between units in the Loft building...

Corktown District Update...

Attachments

• IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_1496.jpg
    IMG_1496.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1500.jpg
    IMG_1500.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1495.jpg
    IMG_1495.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_1503.jpg
    IMG_1503.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 283
Demolition on the King Street building proceeds an this is an application about the three Streetcar projects on King:

549 KING ST E
Ward 28 - South District
Associated Applications

Condominium Approval

Standard Draft Plan of condo application - Develop three properties at 549 and 569 King Street East and 52 Sumach Street containing 134 dwelling units within three mixed-use buildings with retail at grade in two of the King Street abutting properties.

Application Number 10 138732 STE 28 CD Application Status ---
Planner Name
Phone# --- Date Received Mar 24, 2010
Community Meeting Date --- Status Date ---
Statutory Meeting Date --- Proposed Non-Residential GFA (sq m) ---

Proposed Residential GFA (sq m) ---

Lot Size (sq m) ---

Proposed Residential Units ---

Proposed Storeys ---

Last edited:
I wonder if Trinity Lofts is that used car dealer at Trinity and Eastern. I seem to remember that there was a planning application for a condo on the land a year or two back that fell through with the recession.

Last edited:
THE TRINITY LOFTS PROJECT NOW HAS ITS OWN THREAD........ They are digging up the parking lot section of the site today for 'environmental investigation". If it was once a garage there may well be petroleum contaminated soil to remove.

Last edited:
Nothing could be better for the District than to have development of this nature encroach on it. The District can't move to the city, so the city will have to move to the district. I sure wish something was happening on the north side of Mill. Something good, though.

Beautiful day out so, got some update snaps related to discussion above

Glazing on 549 King

Glazing on 52 Sumach

trinity Loft site

Back