News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 338     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 728     1 

Condo Renovations

Thanks for the info! I'll have to ask my property management team about the unit boundaries and their permission. Not sure if we will go through with it, but it's something we've been mulling over.

Your unit boundaries are usually in the Declaration which, as a Board member, I wish more people read BEFORE buying. Nothing personal but too many newbies come in and think they can do whatever they want, and they end up costing us time, energy, aggravation -- and legal fees.

Speak to property manager about proposed changes, go over Bylaws and Declaration, request clarification on specific changes you might desire and be reasonably assured about what's allowable prior to making a purchase.

Oh wow.. What a blast from the past! I eventually did the renos... 5 years later than planned, but done and looking gorgeous.

I did everything I wanted, and more - the board was very accommodating, and rules are strict, but are meant to prevent someone from knocking out something critical. My biggest pain was a Bell riser in the kitchen wall I was removing. That was an unnecessary and complex expense.

View attachment 107527

and a before showing the sadness...

View attachment 107528
Hi Philip,

What's the name of the contractor who did your kitchen? It's very similar to what I'm planning to do with mine.

Back