News   Aug 30, 2024
 346     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 312     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 295     4 

Commute suggestions? Bloor West to Bay Street

I am genuinely curious... Why did your brother chose to move from the suburbs to Annette/Runnymede?
(I would have thought that most people trade away a larger house/lot etc. for an easier commute which includes avoiding sitting in traffic in a car...) Access to the subway is the chief reason we chose to live in pretty much the same location.
AmJ
It's a pretty huge family location. Being so close to Bloor West on top of a very family-oriented community makes it a pretty hot location for white families of 2+ who grew up in Toronto. And I have to admit, it's a pretty big car culture for being right on the subway. Kinda stupid, though, really.

It's a pretty huge family location. Being so close to Bloor West on top of a very family-oriented community makes it a pretty hot location for white families of 2+ who grew up in Toronto. And I have to admit, it's a pretty big car culture for being right on the subway. Kinda stupid, though, really.
What do you mean by white families?

given that mjl08 hasn't responded, I think it is safe to assume he posted this question just to see what reaction he will get.

I love that site! So informative :rolleyes:

Ok maybe not, but it's 98% true and fun to read anyways :p

niftz said:
What do you mean by white families?
No need to go jumping to conclusions. I was just coming to a conclusion that Bloor West must have something that caters to medium-sized white families and old eastern europeans, because I can't recall anyone that's not white in a family of 2+ kids or is old (and white too, mind you.)
It's not a racist comment, I was just saying that there's something that attracts families to the area, and my observation is that for the most part, they keep a large part of their car culture with them when they come, even though most in the community are within 5 minutes of a subway station.

Back