News   Jul 15, 2024
 246     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 437     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 546     0 

Coffee House Blues? Your fave java joint please:

Bloor West of Ossington

Has anyone ever been to this place? I occasionally pass by--like I did today--but have never been motivated enough to cross the street and go inside. (For some bizarre reason, I, like most Torontonians, like the North side of Bloor St more. Perhaps because the sun hits that side more, especially in colder seasons?)

Concord Cafe: Where those hipster BLO dwellers hang out?

10 minute, only? (Maybe now that most of the snow's melted, and at my own speedy pace; but, still--psychologically, it feels a lot longer and bleaker around there...)

Yeah, it just feels longer because it's such a bleak, pedestrian un-friendly landscape - you have to navigate the six points interchange (a modern day running of the gauntlet) and dreary low-rise, light industrial streetscapes to get there. Not a pleasant walk by any means.

Has anyone ever been to this place? I occasionally pass by--like I did today--but have never been motivated enough to cross the street and go inside. (For some bizarre reason, I, like most Torontonians, like the North side of Bloor St more. Perhaps because the sun hits that side more, especially in colder seasons?)

Concord Cafe: Where those hipster BLO dwellers hang out?

I walked by there yesterday as well around 1p.m., looked so dark... I like coffee shops with lot's of natural light, more inviting.

Yeah, it just feels longer because it's such a bleak, pedestrian un-friendly landscape - you have to navigate the six points interchange (a modern day running of the gauntlet) and dreary low-rise, light industrial streetscapes to get there. Not a pleasant walk by any means.

You don't have to navigate the interchange; just exit from the south and cross the huge park'n'ride lot S of the tracks...

There are only two places in town (that I'm aware of anyway), where I can get a properly made and fantastic tasting cappaccino...by simply asking for a cappaccino......

Mercury (Leslieville) and Manic (College & Bathurst).

Another new cafe/lunch spot comes to lower Roncevalles, just north of Queen St W. It's a branch of the bagel place at Bathurst/Avenue Rd. The bagel I had was good--but not quite as good as Fairmount Bagels (Montreal.) Since they serve coffee (haven't tried it yet) I added a photo in this thread.:)
DSC01044.jpg

And I noticed that gourmet food place on College St (name escapes me) is moving to Roncevalles May 1st! Roncevalles is rocking with foodie lovers' joints!

Jet Fuel Bites

I will never go back to Jet Fuel. Coffee served with nasty attitude.

We're still looking in Cabbagetown for a good coffee shop.

As a recurrent Alternative Grounds visitor, I'm not sure if I trust Brad's signage.

Besides, this is Roncy. If any signage will turn me on, it's a resucitated Venus Florists...

Back