News   Apr 23, 2024
 135     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 872     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 290     0 

CityPlace

What an idiotic statement. Your soul must just be oh so pure and wonderful. Get a life.

CityPlace is a large condo development done right. Much better than Liberty Village. Good spacing between the towers and lots of park space. Could use a bit more retail but that will come with time. And more through streets than LV. The people I know who live there are very happy.

Neither of them are good.

Liberty Village is a bigger disappointment because it had such great potential, with the historic buildings. That seems to have had little benefit here. I seriously get irritated just walking in this area and visualizing what could have been. I hate seeing this city allow great opportunities to just slip through it's fingers. It signifies something is wrong with the system. (and it will continue to happen)

To be fair, the historic part of the Liberty is the west part, that has been for the most part untouched ... the buildings closer to the Metro are decent I find anyway ...

CityPlace gets its Tim Horton's fix on thursday. The restaurant is all finished construction and it looks good, with a variety of seating options and a fire place. I bet it will be a popular meeting place. An outdoor patio would be perfect here.

Finally, a convenient public washroom comes to Canoe Landing Park. Thank you, Tim Horton's!

CityPlace gets its Tim Horton's fix on thursday. The restaurant is all finished construction and it looks good, with a variety of seating options and a fire place. I bet it will be a popular meeting place. An outdoor patio would be perfect here.

Finally, a convenient public washroom comes to Canoe Landing Park. Thank you, Tim Horton's!

The permit did include a patio, so that will definitely be part of it. There are porta potties in Canoe Landing Park right now too.

Why the already-build part of City Place is so littered? It's one of the few place in downtown that seems to lacks of proper maintenance.

Why the already-build part of City Place is so littered? It's one of the few place in downtown that seems to lacks of proper maintenance.

I thought they would have also have solved the dog crap problem by now but apparently it's still a big issue in the area.

I think one of the problems is how many of the tenants are recent grads that live as if they are still in their university dorm.

The area does get cleaned regularly, however it gets messy really quickly. That's the price you pay for living next to the Rogers Centre and some of Toronto's biggest attractions. The city is usually pretty good at cleaning up, but things get messy really quickly at times.

As for the dog crap... its an ongoing issue. Seems like many neighbourhoods have the same issue and the city has no way to control it. Concord Adex installed dog waste bag holders in many of the problem areas, but people are still being lazy and not giving a shit (pardon the pun). I wouldn't say the problem is due to recent grads, as many seem to care. To be honest, a lot of immigrants seem to be the issue. I know that has been the case in the parking garage at Luna, for example. Signs and warnings do nothing to stop the problem because english isn't the first language.

Last edited:

Back