News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 555     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

CityPlace: St. Jamestown in waiting?

ducati0000;328334; you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
For example, My building Optima started with 60% Investors/renters and 40% owners. 3 years later it was 40% Investors/renters and 60% owners. Now it's 20% Investors/renters and 80% owners. The numbers are similar in Matrix and Apex. This is a common occurrence.

It's uneducated assumptions like ducati's above that give the condo market a bad name.

I agree with you about Optima, and to some extent what's occuring with Matrix and Apex as more investors flip the older buildings to owner-tenants, but the numbers are definitely not similar in Matrix and Apex because I've spoken with the security workers.

Optima is THE BEST building in Cityplace and it is THE BEST because it doesn't experience any of the problems in the other buildings. But Optima tenants wrongly assume their positive experience translates across the entire Cityplace project. It doesn't.

It's unlikely anyone here came across it, but I was the one who wrote lengthy reviews of all the Cityplace buildings and posted them on craigslist to help others, and here's why Optima is the best:
- it is a single building instead of multi-buildings like the other complexes
- sales in the beginning were not targeted at investors, but owners by offering much larger suite sizes
- for reasons I don't know, build quality is better
- security system involves elevator FOB and you can only access your half of your floor
- there are two concierges instead of just one for most of the day
All this put together, you end up with fewer renters, or at least fewer transient type renters you get with smaller suites and more investors.

I fought tooth and nail to get into Optima, but couldn't get a suite in time before I moved out. Even though it is not the newest building and has a lackluster party room and gym, Optima is still the best of the Cityplace buildings to live.

Flux, Ducati isn't wrong, and neither are you, but Ducati's assessment is more accurate of the majority of the Cityplace buildings. Look how many WestOne tenants are complaining about WestOne in this thread, as an example. Are they wrong too? Flux, I would love to move into your building. It's just totally different and you can't imagine how much it is.

For anyone new to this thread, wondering why the opinions seem to be so polar opposite for Cityplace, I can say Optima is one of the reasons. The other is because Cityplace is such a high-profile project, it attracts a wider range of people as opposed to a condo that is targetted at seniors for example. It's very subjective and based on where you came from.

People raving about Cityplace might have much less condo experience. Cityplace, no matter which building you are in, is a step up if your last place was one of the old apartment buildings in the rest of the city. I'd feel the same way. But Cityplace does not compare well against its peers, and the opinions of more experienced condo tenants and owners support this view.

here's how I'd like to put it: if you've tried shrimp, lobster seems so much better. But not everyone can afford lobster so eating shrimp is perfectly reasonable. Compared to other buildings in Cityplace's price, you're paying for lobster, but getting shrimp.

Movieguy has way more experience in the condo field than %99 of the posters here,what Im saying is from my friend experience and from the amount of time I visit her, she didnt feel safe in her condo,the maintenance was slow and with the amount of transient renters the fear of a huge increases in maintenance fees because with renters there is total lack of care they have with the amenities.Add into mix of huge traffic jams during rush hours and the night traffic from the club scene how can you even sleep with the windows open at night.There is a few projects that is worth living in (safe,quiet,little renters) at City Place but Im judging the whole area not one condo.The area feels really congested now wait until all the condos are fully occupied.

Thoughts on Apex

Movieguy- I am curious what are your thoughts on the Apex building? I live there an love it. Never been in Optima so can't compare but my experience in Apex is much different from what I am hearing about the newer CP buildings.

Sklar

Movieguy- I am curious what are your thoughts on the Apex building? I live there an love it. Never been in Optima so can't compare but my experience in Apex is much different from what I am hearing about the newer CP buildings.

Sklar

Sklar, you would be the better authority on Apex than I. :)

Haven't been there for a couple of years, but I liked it. Still a lot of renters, but there are fewer now as the building matures. I thought the build quality seemed way better than the Matrix towers you are connected to.

Would love to hear a more detailed review based on your experiences Sklar.

Back