News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 776     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

11 September 2008 photo update

From College and Spadina this afternoon:

DSC00018.jpg

Hey im just wondering if there is a possibility of a developer building any new 12-15 story buildings just north of Montage. S/W corner of Spadina and Front and along Front street over the Go train rails all the way to Bathurst St. it sure would look good with some commercial buisness,maybe even a new wide sidewalk.

I recall in the original renderings of Cityplace (when Concord Adex first released it), the plan showed 5 towers along Front Street, 4 east of Spadina (now the Matrix + Apex complex), and one west of Spadina ... I'll see if I can still find that picture

I find myself a bit annoyed at the landscaped island in the middle of Bremner Blvd. No jaywalking there... hard to imagine a very lively atmosphere developing, but here's hoping.

Great photos CSW ... you should sell this one to Concord Adex ... perfect for an AD (it even has their name on it) ... this angle makes the massing of Montage/Neo complex look like a taller version of the Bohemian Embassy

renderingLG.jpg

Great photos CSW ... you should sell this one to Concord Adex ... perfect for an AD (it even has their name on it) ... this angle makes the massing of Montage/Neo complex look like a taller version of the Bohemian Embassy

I agree there's a resemblance with the silhouette, but I don't see the buildings being that similar. With Bohemian being a more modern interprectation of an Art Deco style and Neo being more Modernist (with a touch of Bauhaus).

yes I agree with ya all... I meant to compare the similarity in the massing (silhouette) only, not architectural design elements ... and only from that one photo angle of Neo/Montage

Back