News   Jul 16, 2024
 84     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 459     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 566     2 

Cityplace - 20th Anniversary Promotion

yeah this area is almost unlivable. imagine it takes forever to get to work and to almost anywhere i want to go. there is no subway line running along spadina. and why would they even think of opening a sobey's just across the street when the buildings are crumbling down as i type because they are all poorly built using cheap materials. and the noise, it must be the noisiest condo i have lived in because the windows are paper thin. why people waste their time and money living here is beyond me. :rolleyes:

yeah this area is almost unlivable. imagine it takes forever to get to work and to almost anywhere i want to go. there is no subway line running along spadina. and why would they even think of opening a sobey's just across the street when the buildings are crumbling down as i type because they are all poorly built using cheap materials. and the noise, it must be the noisiest condo i have lived in because the windows are paper thin. why people waste their time and money living here is beyond me. :rolleyes:
I wasn't trying to offend any Cityplace onwers, I actually like the buildings.

Are you 59 years old and/or physically handicapped that you cannot hop onto a streetcar, or walk anywhere downtown in 30mins or less? And have you the keen eyes of an eagle and are able to see things crumbling that the rest of us can't? Or the keen ears of a bobcat that you can hear a pin drop? Or you must have raised in Nunavut ever since you were a baby, and the sounds of a city's downtown are unfamiliar to you?

Are you 59 years old and/or physically handicapped that you cannot hop onto a streetcar, or walk anywhere downtown in 30mins or less? And have you the keen eyes of an eagle and are able to see things crumbling that the rest of us can't? Or the keen ears of a bobcat that you can hear a pin drop? Or you must have raised in Nunavut ever since you were a baby, and the sounds of a city's downtown are unfamiliar to you?

I think he was being sarcastic....

Most people living in cityplace actually love it... myself included.

from the information i found online, the cityplace "deal" last saturday seems (to me at least) purely a repackaging of old offers, except for the "first 20 qualified buyers".

in september 2008, concord sold parade 2 with free parking and 3.5k rebate, so that's 28k+3.5k off. if the buyer opts out of the nice kitchen/finishing package, they get and additional 15k off. for a total of 46.5k. according to this broker (http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/reb/1081438565.html), total discount is 45k.

-$5,000 cash
-$15,000 standard kitchen
-$20,000 on deposits
-$5,000 on final closing
total $45,000

more info on conditions:

http://truecondos.com/cityplace-offers-20-off-units

The conditions:
20% off is applied as a cash rebate at final closing (so you pay $300K for the unit and Concord promises to rebate you $60K at final closing)
Only applies to the first 20 purchasers in line on Saturday March 28th at noon (First unit purchased will receive the 20% cash-back, any subsequent units purchased by the same person will get 15% cash-back)
Only applies to units at Parade Tower 1 for Cityplace, and for buildings A,B and D at Park Place (Concord’s other mega-development at Leslie and Sheppard)
Subsequent purchasers who buy units on March 28 will receive a 15% cash rebate - not a bad consolation prize

so, if a buyer purchases a unit at 300K and gets 15% discount, he's getting the same deal as last year. at 400K, he's getting "more" discounts, that is, IF concord didn't adjust the prices upwards vs. last year.

TOBoy, that's exactly my point. ;)

*waves from my balcony

Back