News   Apr 25, 2024
 632     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 520     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 767     0 

City Reports 2007

I'm a bit concerned about congestion at Yonge and St. Clair (though not concerned enough to oppose this project). There's the potential to have major backups on Heath St, Alvin St, on southbound Yonge turning left onto Heath, and on St. Clair East turning left onto Alvin. The area is a bottleneck as it is during rush hour.

But having said that, all these projects will bring in some nice infill. The southeast quadrant of Yonge and Eglinton is seeing some huge growth!

I am curious about the one at the south-east corner of Merton and Yonge (1815 Yonge). It's a nice location. Any pictures?

RE: 1815 Yonge St.

I couldn't find the proposal for this particular location. Will keep scanning City of Toronto website.
I would actually be really surprised if they will be allowed to build a 29-storey building.

That's odd. The 21 Carlton site is The Met and Encore at The Met. What would still be under review about that development?

They also list Rezen (311 Adelaide St E) as under review.

They are on the 5th or 6th floor of construction now..

I "highlighted" those that are new including our favourite Queen West parking lot!

guess ... draft plan for a condominium (basically developer hands keys to condo corp) for met, rezen, and others

The "hinterland" building seems to just be a consolidation/enlargement of buildings in the Aventis complex.

The proposed 4 building complex of 36-40 storey buildings at the SE corner of Corporate & Consilium in STC is interesting...1500 units is significant, but I expect the whole complex to be extraordinarily cookie-cutter.

I attended a meeting with Urbancorp and residents of the townhouse development southwest of the Queen West Triangle, King Towns, on Thursday night.

They intend to build a 20-30 story condo in the undeveloped portion of the lot just north of King and west of the tracks, in the southeast corner of the lot with a view of the downtown. And two more smaller towers, perhaps 9 stories, overlooking King St. This is in addition to the 20-story tower, originally said to be designed by Alsop (they say Kirkor is doing it), which will go roughly in the middle of the lot just east of the existing townhomes.

They had renderings, but said that it's too early to post them or make them public.

585 Queen W (Future Home of Orange Apron Land)

I hope that the developers of 585 Queen St. W have revamped their building's exterior architectural elements. The renderings of the condo and retail (Home Depot, Sobey's Express etc.) that were teased to the neighbourhood recently were just horrendous. Let's hope they do listen to the feedback.

Back