News   Mar 28, 2024
 63     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Cigarette butts and balconies/terraces

Has anybody taken a walk through CityPlace? Other than cigarette butts, broken glass from beer and wine bottles, general garbage, sidewalks stained by urine and feces are a common sight. The park is also covered with feces from irresponsible dog owners who probably only own dogs for the sake of having a subject of conversation.

CityPlace might look nice, but whatever you do, don't look down otherwise it might feel like you're wading through a giant toilet. I don't know why anybody would think Toronto is is clean city.

Other than smokers, what about the people smoking marijuana?
Granted, I've only ever lived in a few cities and only visited a handful of others, but Toronto is the only place where I smell marijuana on a fairly regular basis.

Smokers who throw their butts onto other people's private property aren't the worst people on earth. They share that honour with people who walk their dog so they can poop on someone else's front lawn and walk away without picking up after them. :p

I think all the comments here about smokers, starting from NorthYorkEd's comment about smokers being the worst people on earth, are tongue in cheek. Although there might be a kernel of truth in them... ;)

Thanks for the laughs, Guys. I needed them today.

P.S. Fewer than a dozen of our units are rented, phew. This is why we can almost always trace the buttheads to contractors or party guests.

Thanks for the laughs, Guys. I needed them today.

P.S. Fewer than a dozen of our units are rented, phew. This is why we can almost always trace the buttheads to contractors or party guests.

Can I ask which building you're in? (If you don't want this info on public domain, please send me a PM.)
I just signed off on a place but I was always trying to find a building with a higher number of owners.

I think all the comments here about smokers, starting from NorthYorkEd's comment about smokers being the worst people on earth, are tongue in cheek. Although there might be a kernel of truth in them... ;)
Full Disclosure: I smoke.. Too heavily at times, but I'm contemplating quitting for a multitude of obvious reasons. (and if anyone asks me why I haven't yet, I'd like them to get a nicotine addiction, try it themselves and then let me know the outcome).

I have a giant tin can with cover ashtray on my balcony and not a single butt will fly over the rails (and if my guests do that I yell at them for a solid hour). Some people have no class, but let's not call smokers worse than Hitler.

My building is heavily owner-oriented, but that is common for older buildings with large floorplans (like Ex Montreal Girl's)

I used to smoke too. Started when I was 15. I don't object to people smoking here ... but on the balcony, and perferably not when the windows alongside are closed. We have a deep receptacle for butts.

I used to smoke too. Started when I was 15. I don't object to people smoking here ... but on the balcony, and perferably not when the windows alongside are closed. We have a deep receptacle for butts.
Agreed. I'll never smoke inside my unit. I don't want everything to smell like shit and have that wonderful yellow patina on my newly painted off white walls.

Agreed. I'll never smoke inside my unit. I don't want everything to smell like shit and have that wonderful yellow patina on my newly painted off white walls.

Me and my girlfriend at the time smoked in my house when I first bought it (she convinced me to, but it wasn't hard). Girlfriend left eventually, I eventually tried quitting smoking later (and of course caved), but the biggest issue when I quit was, I finally noticed my house reeked of smoke. It drove me bonkers, had everything dry cleaned (Curtains, carpets, etc), but couldn't get rid of the smell. I'll be moving into a condo in a couple years, and if I still smoke, I'll never smoke inside.

Nicotine is evil.......

Last edited:
Me and my girlfriend at the time smoked in my house when I first bought it (she convinced me to, but it wasn't hard). Girlfriend left eventually, I eventually tried quitting smoking later (and of course caved), but the biggest issue when I quit was, I finally noticed my house reeked of smoke. It drove me bonkers, had everything dry cleaned (Curtains, carpets, etc), but couldn't get rid of the smell. I'll be moving into a condo in a couple years, and if I still smoke, I'll never smoke inside.

Nicotine is evil.......
It really is. We pay good money to get sick and die early. Wtf.

Back