News   May 17, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Church & Isabella - southeast corner ( possible development site )

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Heard today that negotiations were underway to purchase a number of buildings at this corner for a condo project.

Captureci.JPG

I heard rumours about this corner two years ago and screamed bloody murder, it may be further along than we fully know.

Poor Java Jive. I've never really cared for it, but they have their regulars.

I hope Downtown Animal Hospital remains undisturbed. Do you know how hard it is to find a really good vet near your home?

It's been my Animal Hospital too for over 20 years for my two dogs. It's a little pricey but there's two really great Vets there and it's very convenient when surgery is involved because it's an easy five minute walk home.

Interesting... Curious to see what they are going to do with these lots... They have been at it for a while...

Wellesley Animal Hospital

I'm not crazy about posting an unrelated comment, but since 3 posters have expressed concern over losing their vet (and I too being a proud owner myself so I understand), maybe you'll forgive me this one time...

...if the day ever comes, please try the Wellesley Animal Hospital...just west of the north-west corner of Yonge/Wellesley...Dr. Ma is great!

...if the day ever comes, please try the Wellesley Animal Hospital...just west of the north-west corner of Yonge/Wellesley...Dr. Ma is great!

I've seen that place tucked back off Wellesley St., is it a full service Vet that does surgeries and such?

I've heard that there's an effort now to get some of these buildings listed on Church St. & the home to the east of Java Jive on Isabella St. This is a bad place to propose a condo development.

I disagree... I think this area is need of some sort of redevelopment. Maybe not tall glass condo towers, but maybe at least something more suitable to the character of the area.

Those Church Street buildings could be quite nice if they removed those ugly additions on the front. Who would approve that on such nice, historic buildings? They would look so charming without it and it would give them space to have wonderful restaurant/bar patios along Church.

I agree, most of those additions are ugly as sin. The Pizza Pizza (et al) on the NE corner of C&W is especially bad and totally ruins the original Victorian aesthetics. Apart from the parking lots further south, I quite like the built form of Church St the way it is now. It's a vibrant strip and its buildings allows for a nice mix of retail usages. The Beer Store (north of Wellesley) would be a good spot for a mid-rise condo though.

This corner has wonderful charactor and has good adaptive uses though I can't disagree with the additions, however necessary. The Beer Store is a property we'll see developed once beer and wine is more freely available in Ontario.

Back