CHAZ Yorkville Condos (45 Charles, Edenshaw Homes) - Real Estate -

Alrighty

I think I have enough info now to make an informed decision. Im going to head down to the sales offices of these buildings this weekend.
Thanks for all the help.

My trip to Chaz

So I thought I would share with those interested about my trip down to the Chaz Sales Office. I was surprised to see a Chinese New Years event happening. I enjoyed some dim sum and magic tricks, then walked through the model suite. I liked the finish of the bathroom and kitchen, but what most struck me was the efficient use of space. Im used to living in 1200 sq ft apartments and now that I was in the market for something half that size, I was concerned about being cramped. But Im happy to say that the layout left me thinking the space is surprisingly well distributed. Anyhow, it was time to speak with a Salesperson and I am by nature adverse to the whole seller/buyer interaction, lets just say Ive had some negative encounters while buying a car. I met with a gentleman named Johnson. Johnson is a very articulate and thoughtful salesperson, he answered all my questions relating to the unit of interest as well as describe the amenities. I had a list of 9 or 10 questions and he patiently went through the list with me. After about an hour of sitting with Johnson, I felt I had enough information to make a decision and am happy to say that I put a deposit down for a 546 sq ft corner apartment. I love all things tech and can't wait to have access to a own private 3D Movie Theatre and Video Game Arena, plus I intend on using the hydra-massage chairs a lot. So Im excited about my decision and look forward to moving in. I asked about the move in date and apparently, the project is right on schedule for September 2013. So booyah, now Im the heart of the city with my new kick-ass pad. I'd love to hear from other buyers out there about their experience.

Chaz pricing as of May '11

Just came across pricing on remaining units marketed by the developer. Suite # 712 (797 sq. ft) is now priced $ 569,900, $ 715 psf. This is almost $100,000 higher than last Aug. Wow.

Just came across pricing on remaining units marketed by the developer. Suite # 712 (797 sq. ft) is now priced $ 569,900, $ 715 psf. This is almost $100,000 higher than last Aug. Wow.

These prices are for the public. For their VIP agents such as myself there is a cash discount of $25,000-$45,000 with some additional VIP incentives.

Yes, Sunny, $45k off Sarti & Lamaro and other $25k off the other 8 units plus a bit or this and that... Think we are looking at the same piece of communication. My point remains the list price has surged a great deal in 9 months.

Looks like the demolition for the existing building starts in the first week of November. It will take approximately 12 weeks to complete as per a notice I received today.

5% down at this place - plus various cash incentives, it doesn't seem like the project is struggling but I know the incentives are very agressive - almost too agressive for yorkville condos.

Last edited by a moderator:
First a $20,000 discount for purchasers over the last year and now this. Does not bode well for those that have purchased at this "exclusive" address. Horror of horrors, having to live next door to a 'renter'. Wow. And in the 'heart' of Yorkville for pities sake.
IMG_0003.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    420.2 KB · Views: 1,012
First a $20,000 discount for purchasers over the last year and now this. Does not bode well for those that have purchased at this "exclusive" address. Horror of horrors, having to live next door to a 'renter'. Wow. And in the 'heart' of Yorkville for pities sake.
View attachment 44061

I would hardly call this "exclusive" as there are over 500 units here with some units as small as 375 sq.ft.
A good number of the units have been bought by investors which will most likely end up being rented out, this is the norm for new condos these days no matter what location.

Having the developer or a management company handling rentals within the building is a good thing as there is more control and less absentee owners/landlords.

Are there any guesses about when the building may be registered? Now it looks more finished than some other already registered buildings. I find this delay surprising because all the developers appear to be in such a rush except this one.

Back