Centro Condos (Henderson Developments) - Real Estate -

Thank you Ontnut and jausa! Yes I saw the notice yesterday in the elevator. I haven't seen it the day before, so it makes me sound silly to ask when the answer was just there in my face. lol.

I am assuming there's been lots of requests for AC problem to make such a notice. I wonder why this is happening all of a sudden?

I've actually noticed the AC didn't work for a couple months but thought it might of been the whole building having the problem so didn't report it. So here I am now double slapping myself for not doing so. Hope I don't need to pay too much... But atleast I did change filters earlier this year. So here's hoping the warranty is not off.

Has anyone got contacted by Therma cool?

3 meth labs in south tower!

Apparently there was a possible meth lab bust...check citytv/680 news

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn.../213142--police-discover-scarborough-meth-lab

Edit: I see it was posted already.
I can't say I'm surprised, given it's Scarborough and that there have been some other drug-related busts/activity in the past year here. But seriously, a meth lab? In a new condo building? They couldn't have chosen a less conspicuous place? lol...

We had the jumper from across the street in the winter, now this...the drama never ends in Scarberia!

Arrests were made today. First unit (#3003-190 B.Dr) led to arrests in two other condo units in same building. One is on 25/F, not sure where the third one is. Please share info if you hear sth.

Last edited:
Re: AC problems. This may in fact end up being an issue we have to bring up to the developers in the performance audit. The fact that there are so many units having this same problem, likely means there's either a leak or something wrong with the AC system itself. You shouldn't have to pay for anything at this point, nor hopefully down the line, as this should be fixed by those who installed it.

Re: arrests/units. I don't think we are allowed to conduct inspection of units without probable cause. We have no right to enter any unit unless there's a fire/warrant to enter. I do think we have to look more carefully at who is registered in each building, who the owner is etc., as well as locking down on visitors, requiring them to show ID when signing in, so that we know they aren't providing false information. Makes it easier to control the flow of traffic in and out, which seems to have been a problem in this case.

Re: arrests/units. I don't think we are allowed to conduct inspection of units without probable cause. We have no right to enter any unit unless there's a fire/warrant to enter. I do think we have to look more carefully at who is registered in each building, who the owner is etc., as well as locking down on visitors, requiring them to show ID when signing in, so that we know they aren't providing false information. Makes it easier to control the flow of traffic in and out, which seems to have been a problem in this case.

Agreed. As a first step, we should bring security guard back in the conceirge. Right now, there is no control whatsoever!

Since we're talking about making changes for the better, somebody really needs to adress the issue with the entrance to the parking garage. Maybe some people haven't experienced it, but I sure know I have. On multiple occasions, I almost drove right into a car and vise versa. The angle into the left door is horrible! It just really upsets me because it's such an easy fix! There are already stop lights installed at every angle into that main area where the gatehouse is. They're just not being used! All that has to be done is get some sort of sensors installed so that people have space when they're driving in. One of these days there is really going to be a crash! People say it's a horrible design, which is true, unless the stop lights are being used. Ontnut, you have quite some power in the board (I believe), so please do take my statement into consideration.

Chazed, that area is one of the major areas we are looking into fixing/upgrading. I'm still puzzled to this day, why the developers designed that area in such a fashion (security gatehouse on the wrong side for people signing in, tight space and 2 garage exits with big blind spots).

That said, right now we have several items planned including speed bumps and signs to try and slow down drivers and prevent collissions. Also we look to install some hi-resolution cameras in that area to help monitor the area in case of unwanted visitors/accidents etc. Also we will be installing some 2-way voice communications from the gatehouse to the exterior of the gatehouse, as well as to the lobby entrances. Unfortunately, there are so many things we would like to upgrade/fix, however, since it is a new building, we are a little bit handcuffed in terms of knowing how much budget we have to work with, if we are over/under budget on some items etc., We are still working on quotes and fitting items in terms of priority and cost into the budget, but I will certainly bring this idea up at the next meeting and gauge the cost effectiveness of installing the sensors as you describe. Thanks chazed.

Agreed. As a first step, we should bring security guard back in the conceirge. Right now, there is no control whatsoever!

I too wish there was security full time at the concierge. Unfortunately this item is not budgeted for by the developer. They only budgeted to have them there until the key fob sensors for the main doors were installed. To add them back could cost as much as $100,000 per year for each lobby. Spread over approximately 300 units, and that could raise our maintenance fees by $20-25 per month. I know most people want the security there, but I doubt most people would be willing to pay such a big increase in fees. We are looking at alternate solutions in the meantime, as security is obviously one of our top concerns. Thanks

I too wish there was security full time at the concierge. Unfortunately this item is not budgeted for by the developer. They only budgeted to have them there until the key fob sensors for the main doors were installed. To add them back could cost as much as $100,000 per year for each lobby. Spread over approximately 300 units, and that could raise our maintenance fees by $20-25 per month. I know most people want the security there, but I doubt most people would be willing to pay such a big increase in fees. We are looking at alternate solutions in the meantime, as security is obviously one of our top concerns. Thanks

Thanks Ontnut for sharing the info. When I was shopping for a condo last year, I was badly misled by this utter lie, which shamefully is still on their web site:

http://www.livingcentro.com/amenities.php

"... Fulltime concierge on duty. "

Right after moving in, instead of the above advertised FEATURE, we were greeted by a notice in the lobby reminding residents that it's their responsibility to stop strangers from following us into the building.

Overnight, it became OUR problem, and residents to blame for not intercepting strangers, at the expense of their own personal safety!

Meth Lab is just the beginning. It can get worse.

100% agree

Ten York is next destination for us.

Thanks Ontnut for sharing the info. When I was shopping for a condo last year, I was badly misled by this utter lie, which shamefully is still on their web site:

http://www.livingcentro.com/amenities.php

"... Fulltime concierge on duty. "

Right after moving in, instead of the above advertised FEATURE, we were greeted by a notice in the lobby reminding residents that it's their responsibility to stop strangers from following us into the building.

Overnight, it became OUR problem, and residents to blame for not intercepting strangers, at the expense of their own personal safety!

Meth Lab is just the beginning. It can get worse.

Hi,

We recently purchased a 2 BR unit on the 9th floor. I love all the amenities available! The prices for the guest suites are a little expensive, has anyone booked them yet?

I saw quite a few issues with the A/C, heating etc. from 2012. I'm assuming (and hoping) that all of those have been addressed. Have there been any issues this year?
We haven't had our PDI yet. I'd appreciate if current residents can give me heads up regarding any issues etc.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Back