Centro Condos (Henderson Developments) - Real Estate -

Seriously? That's pretty poor...
I'm having a meeting with Jai probably on wednesday, definitely going to be voicing my concerns over the completion dates of amenities and units. After Jai, I think you'd have to speak with Henderson customer service themselves.

Good luck on the Henderson customer service!!

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum but glad I found it as I'm considering in buying a unit in Centro. I spoke to the lady at the sales office recently and the pricing includes upgrades and HST. I'm curious to know if you had to pay for upgrades when you bought your place (I'm guessing yes)? Do you know why there are such perks at this point? Are there issues with the building - I've read about security entering without permission and lower ceiling from one owner. Anything else? How's the occupancy rate? If it's not 100% occupied, do maintenance costs eventually increase greatly for owners compared to higher occupancy? The individual hydro metering is a nice touch but how much do you pay a month for hydro?

Sorry for the ton of questions but your input as current occupants there means a lot to potential buyers like myself. :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi roaming,

I did have to pay for my upgrades. There have always been upgrade options, not just now.

There are some issues with the building, but nothing more than I typically expect from a new building. Most of the management issues should be ironed out soon, since the building is now registered, we can elect our board of directors/figure out property management. Other than that, I guess construction was a bit slow, so PDI issues were slow to get fixed (I know some units are still under construction).
Regarding occupancy, I'd guess it's in the 50-75% range right now, obviously I don't know for sure. Seems like a lot of empty parking spaces at the moment so that's what I'm going by. I think maintenance costs were set by the sq. ft, so don't think they'll be adjusted at least for a year. Hydro for my place (LPH, ~1000 sq ft) is about $100 per month.

Hope this helps (some stuff may not be 100% accurate, but it's what I was able to gather!)

Thanks for the reply, Ontnut. What I meant is that they are now including upgrades in their price (essentially throwing in the upgrades for free). I was just curious why that is - is it a tactic just to boost sales? Also, the pricing now includes HST and they will cover a bit of the move in fees. I'm not sure what this entails though. So your hydro bill is $100 for 1000sq ft eh? So maintenance fee + hydro is around $580/month.....

I'm looking at the Cypress and Linden but not quite sure which one is preferable.

Whatever you choose, don't take west view. Encore (Monarch) is in progress, and on the parking lot at Borough drive... "Skygold" is announced and is in approval process.
Best is take south (if still free. on ST) or east view (ST or NT).
Centro building is great! All the small issues are pretty common with new condos, no worries.
Worth the money!
Occupancy... i agree with Ontnut.
Hydro bill for us under $100 per month (Maintenance fee: corner unit, SE view, 1000sq+ = $524).
jausa

Thanks for the reply, Ontnut. What I meant is that they are now including upgrades in their price (essentially throwing in the upgrades for free). I was just curious why that is - is it a tactic just to boost sales? Also, the pricing now includes HST and they will cover a bit of the move in fees. I'm not sure what this entails though. So your hydro bill is $100 for 1000sq ft eh? So maintenance fee + hydro is around $580/month.....

I'm looking at the Cypress and Linden but not quite sure which one is preferable.

how much did you guys pay for closing costs???

did you guys have to pay for
installation of meters 266.67+34.67
administration fee deposits 350+45.50
tarion fee 450+58.50

Victor, I probably did, I just don't know what for haha. I def paid like 10k "in trust" to my lawyer upon closing....so I'm sure a bunch of that is going to Centro...

Thanks Ontnut
Just curious Ontnut, are you a first time home buyer??
If I wasn't a first time home buyer... I would have paid almost 10k as well.
My lawyer fees was less than $500.
As a first time home buyer paying $5000 for closing, just seems a little to high in my mind.

Victor, I probably did, I just don't know what for haha. I def paid like 10k "in trust" to my lawyer upon closing....so I'm sure a bunch of that is going to Centro...

yeah there were a ton of adjustments..i think my total was close approx $5500, including lawyer fees, on a 1-bdrm..fthb as well

Hello everyone!
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their fobs or intercom access? I am unable to buzz people in and my fob only works in my tower - I was told this is how they will be keeping it.

Back