Celebration (Malibu) - Real Estate -

VIP at the moment. Call your agent (if you have one). Nothing to see this weekend, P3 isn't open to public this week.. probably another 2 weeks or so.

By the $1000 per floor increase, I meant if you bought on the 9th floor and paid an extra $9k you have to add that onto the $425 psf that they are charging for P3. Will work out to $435 or so. Exactly as rumored. Ask for Alice if anyone is going, super informative with the best service IMO.

Last edited:
I went to L'Amareux too.
Speaking of high school, this project remind me of fairview mall when I was younger.
There were no subway and fairview mall was kind of a cheap mall before the make over.
However, look at it now. Look at Emerald City Dream Tower. The community changed.
401, 404 and subway make it an idea location for younger generation.

From what I've seen, most of the units in Celebration are going to be 1+1D.
When you think about it, why? We consider this area to be a well established area and we thought that most people who live in there are families.
Isn't 2 Bedroom make more sense?
Also why most of the units are around 500 sq ft? What they have in mind?

If you look at the real estate market right now, it is entering "Winter". It is becoming buyer's market.
As the housing price went up, it is becoming less affordable for the younger generations.
The new generations have to reduce cost in order to get into real estate market.

Facts:
- They can only afford a lower priced condo
- couple of 70k annual income can roughly afford a 280k condo.
- They need to be close to transportation to reduce driving cost
- They need to be close to their parents, possibly eat in their parents' houses to reduce food cost.
- They cannot afford to purchase the condo and wait 4 years before they move in.

Consequences:
- Where can you get a relatively decent condo below 280k? Celebration and some tiny Studios in some other areas.
- Celebration is not close to subway, but it is easy to take either the finch or warden bus. Who knows what is going to happen in the further, may be the Sheppard will be extended to warden.
- If their parents are living in Scarborough, the kids are more willing to live in that area.
- As the kids do not have money to pay for the 15% in one year, those who purchase now are mostly parents or investors.

Conclusion:
- Celebration is not in the best neighbourhood, but the demand is still high. You will still manage to make money as an investor.

The first phase starts from $368psf, 3rd phase starts from $420 psf.
A 799 sq ft unit's profit = (420 - 368) x 799 = 52 * 799 = 41548.
Those who purchased phase one made 41548 already in a couple of months. Not bad.

It's called the Bridelwood Revitalization Project for a reason. Compared to the other revitalization projects around Toronto such as Regent Park ($475-500 psf), Alexandra Park ($475-500 psf) and Don Mills ($550 psf), I'll choose Bridelwood every time. There isnt much going on there in terms of crime and it's an older neighbourhood, but one with a lot potential. Buy low sell high right? :cool:. This is all IMO of course.

I went to L'Amareux too.
Speaking of high school, this project remind me of fairview mall when I was younger.
There were no subway and fairview mall was kind of a cheap mall before the make over.
However, look at it now. Look at Emerald City Dream Tower. The community changed.
401, 404 and subway make it an idea location for younger generation.

There seems to be a lot of potential here but its very long term outlook.. those who can park their money for 10 years would definitely see their investment grow tremendously with just new forms of public transportation and a renovated mall.

Back