News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 798     0 

CBC: Airport fee to be hiked for Pearson departures

I seriously dont see why ANYone would take a cab, which costs 10-30 times more than the 192.
When the flight arrives at 3am instead of 11:30pm like it was supposed to, those cabs are very handy. I extend your statement to include "while the subway is running".

I always take the car service to and from the airport. Nice clean cars, never a wait to get one, pleasing wakeup call if you have an early flight, they do the heavy lifting. Well worth the reasonable fee.

oh well, I guess there are many exceptions!

In the end, the only real solution that really works is the railway thing, which is in the relatively far future. The airport express, which in theory does the same thing, doesnt really work (as evidenced by allabootmatt)

Schiphol is really one of the best. Hong Kong too.

Even Newark is not bad--and especially handy is that, in addition to NJ Transit trains to Manhattan and Trenton (near Philadephia), it is also served by the Amtrak east coast main line.

I don't understand why the GTAA could not just come to an arrangement to extend the people mover to Woodbine GO. Isn't service in the process of being considerably increased on that line?

The 192 is a great service. You want shitty airport access? Try Trudeau International in Montreal.

Transatlantic airfares from Toronto are quite expensive relative to the US NE. This is partially because there is more competition in the US and the market is bigger, while airport / airline taxes make the difference even bigger.

I almost booked a flight on Virgin to London from New York for this Christmas for only $400US including taxes, and it was a widely available fare over many days of the holiday season. At that price, I can only fly charter from Toronto.

Unless you fly Virgin Upper Class, there isn't very much that separates them from any other airline, except perhaps the hemline on the flight attendant's uniforms.

For that price, you get a PTV experience, which no charter airline in Canada can provide. Even the mainline carriers don't necessarily give that. Only BA has that feature at the moment.

Service-wise, Virgin does a far better job than either AC or BA.

Back