News   Nov 15, 2019
 1.2K     0 
News   Nov 15, 2019
 1.6K     3 

Canadian Tire

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
The project I've been working on for the past year finally opened in Calgary last week. (New urban CT) Skyrisecities Calgary did a little write up with some pics:

https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/news/2018/10/canadian-tire-opens-its-doors-beltline
The exterior is a big improvement over the CT default look in the GTA, as is more low-rise shelving/better sightlines on the inside.

I do think the interior might have benefited from a splash of warmth, maybe adding colour to the structural columns?

lenaitch

Member Bio
Reaction score
Why can't out CT look like that - wide aisles and don't have the fire hazard look?
AoD
Give them time; those aisles will likely be full of product bins and stands (or staff stocking carts) soon. I hope there's an elevator. I'd hate to have to schlepp my new BBQ or patio furniture down the stairs.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
Give them time; those aisles will likely be full of product bins and stands (or staff stocking carts) soon. I hope there's an elevator. I'd hate to have to schlepp my new BBQ or patio furniture down the stairs.
You are probably right. The other super annoying thing about CT - mixing clearly well used open box items with regular stock without indicating them as such. It's absolutely garbage business practice (having bought several solar lawn bollard lights - all look opened, all failed to operate and/or assemble properly - and all returned again).

AoD

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
You are probably right. The other super annoying thing about CT - mixing clearly well used open box items with regular stock without indicating them as such. It's absolutely garbage business practice (having bought several solar lawn bollard lights - all look opened, all failed to operate and/or assemble properly - and all returned again).

AoD
We just have to hold out for @Tuscani01 's inevitable rise to CEO of Canadian Tire Corp, then he can fix all this, and the Marks brand while he's at it.

Just another decade or two......

:D

Tuscani01

Member Bio
Reaction score
The exterior is a big improvement over the CT default look in the GTA, as is more low-rise shelving/better sightlines on the inside.

I do think the interior might have benefited from a splash of warmth, maybe adding colour to the structural columns?
I wanted a black ceiling, but that idea got nixed.

3 elevators, and a cartveyor for shopping carts.

We just have to hold out for @Tuscani01 's inevitable rise to CEO of Canadian Tire Corp, then he can fix all this, and the Marks brand while he's at it.

Just another decade or two......

:D
Noooo thanks! I like the development/planning side of things. All those customer service/retail issues make me glad I don't have anything to do with them!

Last edited: