News   Jul 25, 2024
 422     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 560     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 462     0 

Canada Post strike - would you care?

One can be unemployed (or even self-employed) and still have concerns about their mail. Even those of us who are unemployed and not on social assistance. In fact, last week I had two packages arrive which had little to do with money or my unemployment

Nothing more than the union flexing its muscles and reminding the membership who's in charge.

Unfortunate for postal workers, their revelance will be even more dimished as more consumers buy-in to the concept of www.epost.com and online bills.

p.s. Unions are no better than their 'evil' corporation counterpart. An organization that forces employees to pay into it's fund seems fairly undemocratic. Let's not forget the amount of wealth these funds create for the union body. I.E. enough to be equity partners is the auto industry.

I rely on Canada post for my game rental service. They were horrendously slow even before the strike. Now, I will be begging pretty please to the rental company to let me out of my contract. It was taking 3-10 business days ONE way to get a parcel from Toronto from Montreal. That is a huge inconsistent window. Also around christmas time, a one way trip was on average 12-14 business days and this was with a planned holiday shut down. Not a bit of exaggeration either.

My wife has been waiting on a job opening in a certain hospital for literally 2.5 years. There is finally an opening.The thing is, she needed to get a series of background checks done. She got them all done last week and the police said the results would be mailed out in 5-10 days and now this stupid lockout strike is buggering up the whole works.:mad: I wish the other courier services were a bit more competitive with their pricing. I would totally ditch CP if that were to occur.

Back