News   May 17, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 798     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 6.9K     7 

Canada and the World

This isn't a movie, you're literally advocating for children to go out and throw stones at bombs being dropped on their heads.
For what? So you don't have to be inconvenienced by a protest bringing to light the humanitarian crisis going on?

Yes there is a crisis but huddling around the US consulate screaming that the US should do something is not going to solve the issue.

Heading to Queens Park crying that people are dying and the Government needs to do something will not solve anything.

Israel is its own nation. We cannot force them to do anything and I doubt Canada or any other nation will send troops there anytime soon.

Yes there is a crisis but huddling around the US consulate screaming that the US should do something is not going to solve the issue.
It will bring awareness to the issue and indicate to politicians that there is a strong desire to apply pressure on Israel.
Might as well ban all protests.

We all live in Canada, right? Should we be leaving in order to return the land to the First Nations?
There is a world of difference between something historical that happened 200 years ago, and something that is happening now.

The entirety of human history is made up of land thefts. There is nothing that can be done about that, there is no time machine, the horse has bolted. Why does that make it acceptable to steal land now? Why get upset about any kind of atrocity, anywhere, ever, when we have been unable to prevent historical atrocities from occurring?

And again, why this double standard? Why is it OK when Israel does it, but bad when Russia does it, in your book?

It will bring awareness to the issue and indicate to politicians that there is a strong desire to apply pressure on Israel.
Might as well ban all protests.

There may be a desire to apply pressure but if they really want to do something go over there and fight. Actually do something about it.

Talk is cheap.

So basically, they should go die instead of inconveniencing people with protests?

If that was Canada and I lived abroad you can bet your ass I'd be coming back to fight for my country.

Even if it means dying.

The only people who protest are cowards who don't want to fight for their country.

The only people who protest are cowards who don't want to fight for their country.

Right, because we all know how well staying behind worked out in World War 2 for the scores of people who got slaughtered on the continent, something which didn't stop until the organized armies of the Allies managed to break through and liberate the continent. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

@AlvinofDiaspar Can we clean up this thread and move the Israel-Palestine stuff elsewhere? I tried to keep the posts relevant to Canadian foreign policy. Unfortunately, it's not working and I don't want the thread locked.

@AlvinofDiaspar Can we clean up this thread and move the Israel-Palestine stuff elsewhere? I tried to keep the posts relevant to Canadian foreign policy. Unfortunately, it's not working and I don't want the thread locked.
Good idea. I've deleted my OT posts above, leaving just those relevant to Canadian foreign policy.

Back