News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 448     0 

Can retailers charge whatever they want for TTC tickets?

I seriously doubt that you'll ever be able to buy tickets and tokens online. The value isn't high enough for the TTC to absorb the cost of administering the online sales system - they would have to pass it on to you.
Not much point really - I'm sure within 5 to 10 years we won't have any tokens/tickets/paper passes - nothing but Presto cards and cash.

A loss leader

i hear the cut on ttc fare media is very small -- perhaps like 1 per cent?

If retailers don't like the cut, then they don't have to be agents. Surely it's more of an attraction of them to get people into their store who will buy other things. Works here, the closest agent is a small dollar-store with all sorts of odd stuff. Because I'm in there frequently to get day passes (I'm often going to him when I need something odd, as I know he has it; were he not a ticket agent, I'd probably not think of going to him for a battery for my portable telephone, etc.

If I recall my reatailing days correctly, we were contractually obligated to sell the tickets at the price the TTC determined. The store's profit was around 2%. A TTC agent would deliver the tickets weekly, and expected cash on delivery. Overall selling the tickets was a pain in the side given the amount of administrative work involved. We sold them because it brought folks into the store, but they certainly cost us more to manage than what we were making on them.

Use facebook to contact Giambrone. He's pretty good with responding though those channels.

That's pathetic...one has to be a facebook member to contact the TTC?

That's pathetic...one has to be a facebook member to contact the TTC?

Or you could email him... whatev

Either way, online messages get to his blackberry. Calls and snail mail are less likely to get there when he's there.

Back