News   May 03, 2024
 962     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 591     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 284     0 

Can motorcycles with sidecars park for free on street?

Wasn't the issue with ticketing motorcycles, that led to the free parking, that many/most motorcycles had no clear way to attach a parking ticket to the vehicle (no wiper blades to stick the ticket under)?

If so, a sidecar wouldn't change that issue.

No! I don't believe that was the reasoning, as I have had tickets attached to 5 different bikes.

I have never seen the sidecar question come up before, but it is still a motorcycle...so all rights and privileges of a bike with the downsides of a car... no lane splitting!:D

No! I don't believe that was the reasoning, as I have had tickets attached to 5 different bikes.

Now I recall. It wasn't the tickets, it was the parking payment machine slips (but for the exact same issue). Car drivers were stealing motorcycles' slips and using them to get free parking.

Pretty sure it was actually done, perhaps only under the guise, to reduce congestion and encourage alternate transportation.
The same was done to allow motorcycles to use certain city high occupancy/taxi/bus lanes.

Only certain ones within the city! Not the 404/DVP or other 400 series, I think!

An example would be Eglington east, near Laird, where I think the signs show an image of a motorcycle. This would be an okay one.

A negative would be Bay in the area of Dundas. No motorcycle pic, so not legal.

I don't get around as much as I used to so I'm uncertain of all the routes!

Back