News   Apr 19, 2024
 280     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 612     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.3K     2 

Cable News missing Trump. Ratings collapse

I’ve never watched Russell Brand before but this is well thought out.

“The most vocal enemies have shared interest”

Not just mainstream media, but alt-right media such as Newsmax and OANN would quickly enter the dustbin of history with DuPont and Sun News Network once Trump and QAnon become minor footnotes in history textbooks. Newsmax and OANN can't sustain themselves from pillows made by a Minnesota crackpot.

I’ve never watched Russell Brand before but this is well thought out.

“The most vocal enemies have shared interest”

Russell Brand really, really, really, really got his shit together and is a very wonderful human being. His show is quite interesting. I need to give it another go.

I completely avoid American news channels and wish they weren't included with my TV package because they're explicitly biased and just deranged in general but last night, I stopped on CNN as I was scrolling through channels (I was scanning the entirety of my package for hidden gems...found a couple, for real). Cuomo and Lemon were losing their minds, going off about some absolute nonsense.
I think they've been stuck on stupid and regurgitating the same righteous indignation for so long now that they're losing their minds entirely. It's utterly unwatchable.

They were talking about how it's a tragedy that half a million plus people have died from COVID and they were just blubbering rubbish.

Then you have people like the aforementioned Brand and Joe Rogan, and Lex Fridman, etc who have podcasts going where you may actually learn something in addition to hearing people's opinions if you're into hearing opinions.

And in the case of Rogan especially, you'll at least get to hear things from all manner of different perspective. It isn't intelligent to ignore people you don't agree with but American news channels cater only to the silos and bubbles. It's pathetic.

All of them. CNN isn't better than Fox isn't better than MSNBC, etc They're all shite and completely unwatchable unless you want your biases confirmed in utterly cringe-inducing ways.

Thanks for posting that video from Brand, @Admiral Beez I'm going to go throw it on the big screen/big sound combo. :)

PBS/NPR should create a 24-hour news channel that is politically neutral and completely ad-free (there would be no political advertising even) to counter politically charged news channels on the left or the right.

It would be funded by the viewers themselves through donations rather than advertisers. By doing so, it can maintain its neutrality. If a viewer likes what he/she is watching, he/she can donate.

Other news channels would call that channel "biased in favour of the other side" regardless of the political leaning of the other news channels. It would have experts on every part of the spectrum. What is meant by experts is that they have doctorate degrees in their fields of study to prevent crackpots of any political affiliation from being promoted.

In other words, it would be the television equivalent of Wikipedia (minus the ability for viewers to edit the programming directly).

Last edited:
So, I finished that Russell Brand vid posted above after a detour through the abortion law crisis in Poland (don't you worry about the tangential trips I go on) and have to say that it's rather fitting that right off the hop, he's got a sample of Krystal and Saagar's show. I say this because that's about the only place to get news about American politics from that country.

It's also interesting to note--and I've spoken to this in the face of here-present typical vitriol directed at Trump supporters--that Brand talks about the folly of denigrating people who vote(d) differently instead of addressing their concerns and then acting surprised (nay, shocked!) when someone who does address their concerns in whatever way comes to power.

He then goes on to link Trump to CNN and how they aren't really enemies, but friends, and how their even publicly antagonistic relationship was actually mutually beneficial to the great detriment of the state of journalism, never mind the state of politics in the US.

Yeah, I'm not sure what they can do down there. It's a mess....and that's me being diplomatic. :)

PBS/NPR should create a 24-hour news channel that is politically neutral and completely ad-free (there would be no political advertising even) to counter politically charged news channels on the left or the right.
This is a good idea and something the US is sorely missing, but when you consider that NPR has shows such as Democracy Now on it.......ahem......I think the American disease goes far and deep over there.

It would be funded by the viewers themselves through donations rather than advertisers. By doing so, it can maintain its neutrality. If a viewer likes what he/she is watching, he/she can donate.

Other news channels would call that channel "biased in favour of the other side" regardless of the political leaning of the other news channels. It would have experts on every part of the spectrum. What is meant by experts is that they have doctorate degrees in their fields of study to prevent crackpots of any political affiliation from being promoted.

In other words, it would be the television equivalent of Wikipedia (minus the ability for viewers to edit the programming directly).
That’s NPR news now. It just doesn’t need to be on regular cable TV. That’s what is going to kill cable news, that the millennial aged news consumer goes to NPR podcasts, not cable.

Back