News   Apr 19, 2024
 650     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Bridge, The + Connect Condos (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

riceraw

Member Bio
Reaction score
I need help. Can anybody tell me how the noise level is from the north side of this building? I'm planning on buying a unit on this side and i'm concerned about the noise level from the trains that pass by. Also, any details about the actual bridge that they plan to build that links that side of the tracks to queen st.?

is it true people started moving in already?

Yes, I believe so... I think mainly 2nd/3rd floors...
I'm on the 5th floor, PDI scheduled towards end of March... and can move in 2 weeks after that.

About Lamport, they really should do more to it. It looks so ugly. The land is rather big... they can move the parking underground, move the field further down, and then build some shoppes and cafes, or low rise along King.... it's good to keep the rec centre, but they should make that stretch of King more hip.

ccckan, if you can, can you post your PDI pics when you get it done?

it looks like people are already trying to rent out their units on craigslist and kijiji, floors 2-4

I guess people from floors 2-4 have already move in. I am on the 11 floor, but havn't been contacted for my PDI yet. Does anybody know when this building is suppose to register? I received letter form builder stating that confirmed closing date is July 15. Before this i received two other letters with tentative dates. Does anybody know if the builder is still allowed to keep pushing back the confirmed closing date? I hope not, my mortgage rate is only guarantee till July 15.

I guess people from floors 2-4 have already move in. I am on the 11 floor, but havn't been contacted for my PDI yet. Does anybody know when this building is suppose to register? I received letter form builder stating that confirmed closing date is July 15. Before this i received two other letters with tentative dates. Does anybody know if the builder is still allowed to keep pushing back the confirmed closing date? I hope not, my mortgage rate is only guarantee till July 15.

I've just done my PDI, and occupancy is scheduled for 4/11. They referred this as "confirmed closing" on my letter... which is misleading... should be "confirmed occupancy". Actual closing only occurs after the building registered, which takes a while. Better and more experienced builders are normally faster at this. Ours, not so sure.... But your bank can extend the rates for you... they want your business afterall... The lobby, rec centre, hallways, are pretty much work in progress... Parking garage looks ok, but I've noticed there are no security cameras anywhere in sight, not sure if they will install some later... I'll post some pictures of the building once I moved in.

I've just done my PDI, and occupancy is scheduled for 4/11. They referred this as "confirmed closing" on my letter... which is misleading... should be "confirmed occupancy". Actual closing only occurs after the building registered, which takes a while. Better and more experienced builders are normally faster at this. Ours, not so sure.... But your bank can extend the rates for you... they want your business afterall... The lobby, rec centre, hallways, are pretty much work in progress... Parking garage looks ok, but I've noticed there are no security cameras anywhere in sight, not sure if they will install some later... I'll post some pictures of the building once I moved in.

Hey ccckan, thanks for the info. Yes, the buillder claiming "confirmed closing" which acutally means "confirmed occupancy" is very misleading. Hopefully my lender will have no problems extending my rate. I found a video of somebody suite in this building. This is not mine, but i found it on youtube and hopefully they don't mind me posting it here. From the video, everything looks decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWUCgtxcWA0

Noise and construction

Does anybody know how loud the building is? I see there is a construction site on the north east side- another Urbancorp building called 'Fuzion'. Do the windows dull most of the noise?

Does anyone else in this building find the sound insulation (walls, floors) to be REALLY poor? Also, what's up with the elevators?

Back