News   Mar 28, 2024
 621     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 441     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 771     0 

Blue Jays

At the game they announced just under 44,000, but honestly, it was the fullest I have ever seen apart from the home opener against the red sox two years ago. It was also the liveliest and loudest crowd I've ever seen at a Jays game. Hopefully tomorrow night they get 35+

And the dome was closed!!!!! WTF, open the damn thing already and they wonder why attendance is down..... Wake the F!@$ up Rogers!

I was quite annoyed the roof was closed. My bad for saying it would be open, but honestly that's what I heard.

Tonight was probably one of the best games I ever went to. Great pitchers duel, with both Halladay and Burnett pitching their average type of game (Halladay-awesome, Burnett-good, but with that one or two weaker innings). The whole crowd was into the game which was great to be a part of. Plus the game was < 2.5 hours.

I agree with jn_12, it felt closer to 48-49,000. From what I was told when I got home, the Sportsnet commentators said the attendance figures were counted before everyone even got into the Dome. I don't know how true that is but it's a somewhat reasonable answer.

I'm thinking about going tomorrow, but I may pass to watch the Pens-Caps game instead. I'll be at the Dome on Thursday for sure.

I was informed by a colleague that the roof is currently broken and should be up and running soon.

Standard response. I heard it also cost $50K to open and close the roof each time, which I doubt. Another rumour I heard was they are using a new computer program and fixing bugs and whatnot.

Let's just hope that they get it open soon. I've been told that it has been open this year at various times (but not during any games).

I hope we win 2/3 that would be good. take that Burnett. i bet he wishes he was with the jays this year. congrats on the worst desision of you life;)

I watched them open and close the dome about 3-4 times last week during the day. I hope they fix it soon.

Tonight's game was a bit hard to watch especially when you see guys like Wells and Rios not really trying their best to catch all those big hits. It's sad when you look at the nightly highlights to see other outfielders diving and trying their best to catch each and every ball where you'll never see Rios or Wells even attempt a dive for a ball. Probably could have saved 6-7 runs tonight if they had put in that extra 5% to catch one of them.

Standard response. I heard it also cost $50K to open and close the roof each time, which I doubt. Another rumour I heard was they are using a new computer program and fixing bugs and whatnot.

Let's just hope that they get it open soon. I've been told that it has been open this year at various times (but not during any games).

Paul Godfrey, on Off The Record, said it costs $500 each time.

That's what I suspected. I heard the other figure from someone behind me at Tuesday's game, who I suppose was quite bombed.

Today's reason for the roof closed on Tuesday was due to the weather forecast.

Nice. sweep of the white sox after a disapointing series against new york. 3 games up on boston

For the Jays the true test is with the teams in their own division, and the Yankees and Sox in particular. So far they've lost 5 out of 6 to the ones that count and basically they have to stay ahead of the Yankees/Sox for a wild card (though winning the division is still possible). They are still looking like the old Oakland A's, overachieving but doing so consistently. The pitching staff still pales in comparison with the Yanks and Sox but the team is keeping it together. I hope they can do better next time around but regardless of how things turn out they've been the best thing in Toronto in years.

Back