220     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 317     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 646     0 

Blue Jays

This is getting ugly...

I don't get what that means.

What it means that if you're looking at getting high-ceililng, elite level prospects near the MLB level, Donaldson and Happ are two players that get that kind of return.

Stroman would too, but I could see them holding on to him as he has 3 years of control left before he hits free agency. That's what makes him so valuable, aside from his performance.

Re: Estrada and Liriano:

True but based on how they have been performing, I doubt any team would want them.

Re: Bautista:

For some reason the teams at the top of my head as trade destinations are:

AL: Yankees
NL: Dodgers

They could probably get something for those three players, just not very much unfortunately.

It could be because of this:

They also learned how to hit against us

Anyways, what a waste :mad: of the Jays on July 11, 2017 despite the need to use a chunk of the bench because of the amount of votes that (we) gave.

Yep.

The Jays are awful at hitting breaking balls this year. They're old and slow. There really isn't any upside left in this core.

I was in Chicago on the weekend to take in Saturday and Sunday's games at Wrigley Field. Too bad the Jays got swept. The number of Jays fans (as well as TFC fans) was incredible. Jays' fans were all over walking around the City, taking in various restaurants, museums and other facilities, checking out the architecture on all the Chicago River tour boats, riding rented Divvy bikes... Hard to judge how many Jays fans were in attendance at the games since both teams wear the same colour blue, but the 'Let's go Blue Jays!' chants were loud and prevalent. Cubs' fans I spoke to said they have never seen as many fans from a visiting team. Don Cherry even sang Take Me Out To The Ballgame on Saturday. He walked up the aisle I was seated in before the game and was mobbed by all the Jays fans. Cherry loved it, Cubs' fans were like: "who is that guy? what's up with his blazer?"

I am riled up about how our season has been going, and I have to blame the Idiots for trashing up our core. :mad:
I was in Chicago on the weekend to take in Saturday and Sunday's games at Wrigley Field. Too bad the Jays got swept. The number of Jays fans (as well as TFC fans) was incredible. Jays' fans were all over walking around the City, taking in various restaurants, museums and other facilities, checking out the architecture on all the Chicago River tour boats, riding rented Divvy bikes... Hard to judge how many Jays fans were in attendance at the games since both teams wear the same colour blue, but the 'Let's go Blue Jays!' chants were loud and prevalent. Cubs' fans I spoke to said they have never seen as many fans from a visiting team. Don Cherry even sang Take Me Out To The Ballgame on Saturday. He walked up the aisle I was seated in before the game and was mobbed by all the Jays fans. Cherry loved it, Cubs' fans were like: "who is that guy? what's up with his blazer?"
Agreed. That was pathetic in that we were swept to drop the ball, even with this amount of fans.

Jason Kipnis said:
That's why you don't say dumb sh*t.
Trevor Bauer said:
We're an internally motivated group. It was the butt of some jokes. But we're an internally motivated group. We set out at spring training to win the World Series. That was our goal. We knew we were talented enough.

Personally, I would not consider your statements re Bautista to be of a kind that I like. Look at how far you have jumped ahead of us. You swept Boston, they still persisted to lead the AL East at this point in the season. Not the same here, and if this continues, I may leave baseball.

UT

Centre fielder Kevin Kiermaier of the Rays (aka Lex Luther) won the Gold Glove Award for two tears in a row. It's time our centre fielder named Kevin (aka Superman) get the award.
Pillar can't win it this year. Nowhere near enough defensive magic

I think Pillar could definitely still win it.

Sometimes reputation wins out over performance - this might finally be the year he's rewarded.

Bautista had a great standing ovation during what might be his final home game in a Jays uniform.

Bautista might accept a lower offer in exchange for a farewell tour. If Derek Jeter and David Ortiz can have farewell tours, why not Joey Bats?

If Bats accepted the tour, then he would receive interesting gifts. I would wonder what would the Rangers organization give him.

Bautista had a great standing ovation during what might be his final home game in a Jays uniform.

Bautista might accept a lower offer in exchange for a farewell tour. If Derek Jeter and David Ortiz can have farewell tours, why not Joey Bats?

If Bats accepted the tour, then he would receive interesting gifts. I would wonder what would the Rangers organization give him.

Because the Jays can't afford to give him a farewell tour and still contend. He was one of the worst players in the AL this year (if not the worst). Not only that, but he hasn't had a HoF career like Jeter did - teams aren't going to be offering gifts to him.

Ortiz was also still an elite player when he retired, helping Boston make the playoffs. Bautista would weigh them down.

Anything's possible, but he's probably done as an MLB player.

I was at the game. It was a classy goodbye. No need for a tour. Time to exit gracefully.

Doubt Bautista returns next season. He's left his mark on Jays history and the fans are appreciative for everything he's done, but there's a proper time for goodbye. It's for the best that both sides move on.

Teoscar Hernandez and Dwight Smith Jr have shown decent promise in their time called up and deserve a chance to begin next season in the majors.

Last edited:
Doubt Bautista returns next season. He's left his mark on Jays history and the fans are appreciate for everything he's done, but there's a proper time for goodbye. It's for the best that both sides move on.

Teoscar Hernandez and Dwight Smith Jr have shown decent promise in their time called up and deserve a chance to begin next season in the majors.
And that doesn't even factor in Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Bo Bichette. The prospect pool is deep, and the future is bright.

It was a dud of a year with Smoak going to the AS game being the most memorable for me. I guessed a 3rd place finish at the start but it looks like they'll end in the basement. Given how the season went I almost wish they had done what the CWS did. I suspect a couple more fan favorites will not be back this off season. Sad to see Bautista go- but it's time. The bat-flip game was probably the most exciting one since the early 90's. I just wish it would have ended a bit better for him this year.

Back