News   May 24, 2024
 8.2K     2 
News   May 24, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 467     0 

Blue Jays

Cecil's velocity isn't where it should be to start the year. He had the same problem last year but as his velocity increased, so did his performance. Give it some time.
I keep telling myself that, but like I said, I've never been a fan, so I'm not likely to cut him any slack. :p

Marcus had himself a good birthday yesterday.

Can you let me know if you are going to do this all season - just so I know to avoid the thread.
If it keeps your smarmy ass out of here, then, yes. Go find your safe space where you don't have to be exposed to thoughts and feelings that you don't like, or you can grow up and learn to deal with opinions you find uncomfortable or annoying. I find you terribly irritating as well, but I'm not trying to avoid listening to what you have to say.

Last edited:
I've never been a Cecil fan. He was making me nervous last year and this year has been brutal. Martin is playing injured, Cecil isn't.
I think relievers are bound to make you nervous....they either come in after a starter has had a great night and has run out of gas so the natural reaction/worry of the fans is "bobby starter had their number but they will figure out billy reliever"....or they come in when the other team has been hitting well off of the previous pitcher and fans think "bobby starter couldn't get them out, what makes them think billy reliever can?".

It is, I think, a very rare breed of reliever that does not make people nervous. Last year, Cecil set major league marks for consecutive scoreless innings/appearances.....there has, quite literally, no one in the history of the game that did that job better over that stretch of time....yet you (and many others...this is not a shot) felt nervous every time he pitched....it is the nature of the position (IMO).

I'm cool with Sanchez (when he was a reliever -- I almost hated seeing him make it as a starter) and Osuna; I liked Hawkins. I like Chavez, Morales and Floyd. I used to be good with old Squints, until last year. I know the stats, I'm just not feeling the love :)

And for Armour (I think it was) who asked what's the difference between hating on Cecil and Martin? Martin has two roles to play -- offence and defence. So while his offence is not where it should be at the moment, he's still got a major to play in the defence department. Cecil has one job -- pitching.

No idea why Gibbons continues to put Cecil in when it's a close game.

Because he's an established reliever. Recent struggles aside, he has earned the right to be put into such situations. Not to mention a good manager doesn't restrict a veteran's playing time on that type of basis. People talk about intangibles like "team chemistry," well snubbing your veteran players is a good way to cause tension within the clubhouse. Cecil's 2016 numbers are also a small sample size. His numbers will revert back to their normal averages in due course.

Was that Martin who hit that walk-off tonight?

I thought I read on here that he was garbage?

Was that Martin who hit that walk-off tonight?

I thought I read on here that he was garbage?
How predictable. I thought you were going to avoid this thread for the rest of the season, but I'm glad you're still poking in here. It's more interesting have various view points.

He's still striking out every game and batting below 160. I'm not sure how getting two hits (including a walk off hit) absolves him. Don't pretend that you haven't been biting your tongue re his offensive play. I'm glad he got a couple of hits tonight and especially the big one, but he needs to contribute offensively more regularly. One good night doesn't put to rest an entire month of horrible batting (not to mention his batting last season; which was mediocre, minus the 23 home runs). On a different note; his stache is rocking like it's 1985.

Please don't quote any of my posts again so that I don't have to interact with you.

I could care less what you think after reading your pathetic, racist, garbage post on the 300 Front Street thread.

Please don't quote any of my posts again so that I don't have to interact with you.

I could care less what you think after reading your pathetic, racist, garbage post on the 300 Front Street thread.
You mean "couldn't care less".

Racist, eh? You mean observant? And I wasn't talking about black people in general, but namely, Jamaicans (and not all of them, for crying out loud). My statement was actually based on culture (Jamaica isn't a race). Anyway, I don't want to bring that discussion in here.

What is with people with you? Why are you so threatened or bothered to interact with someone because they are of a different mindset than yourself? Previous to my comment the other day, I have been nothing but polite to you.

Are you so touchy that all of my talk about Martin has paralyzed you? How do you deal with people you don't like in your field of work and in the real world? Do you just shut out everyone/idea/thought that doesn't compliment your own views and biases. Anyway, it's unfortunate that you refuse to engage here, but you're free to do what you want. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

Back