News   Apr 23, 2024
 246     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 454     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Blue Jays broadcasting... Sneaky, sneaky!

Bruvyman

Member Bio
Reaction score
I decided to post this here as I couldn't find a section of the site specifically for nitpicking and making mountains of molehills....

Watching the Jays in 30 tonight, I noticed that they just pass off old stock footage as a same-day shot of the city as they return from commercials and set up the game. I feel a bit duped as I guess my naive side just assumed they would actually send a guy with a camera out to the island or Queens Quay to get some nice shots of the city the day of the game (I noticed it in a raptors game this past year when they showed an aerial shot without Bay Adelaide Centre!).

Have a look at a screen shot from tonight's broadcast. I'm too lazy to check back in Cityplace threads to date it, but a guess would be 2008 or maybe spring 2009?

5738659779_13a1a6ba36_b.jpg

Since Ireland park currently sits in the middle of a fenced-off demolition site, I wonder where they shot it from? hmmm....
5739207976_8c9ab35732_b.jpg

Happens in all broadcasts on all networks.... if you watch a lot of NHL hockey they are always showing a night shot while it's still daylight out... Usually the send a guy around for an entire day to shoot scenics then just reuse them all year(s) long.

Happens in all broadcasts on all networks.... if you watch a lot of NHL hockey they are always showing a night shot while it's still daylight out... Usually the send a guy around for an entire day to shoot scenics then just reuse them all year(s) long.

Yeah, except that picture is from YEARS ago! I just found that a bit lazily dishonest of them, that's all.

I know its a small thing but it really bothers me too. The skyline has undergone such a huge transformation and it should be shown in all its glory!

Have you guys seen some of the TORONTO Postcards found in Souvenir shops? Talk about outdated skyline photos.

Back