News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 894     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 355     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

" when Dolce & Gabbana’s store—835 square metres of black glass, smoky mirrors, walnut wood and Bordeaux-velvet and damask-silk furniture—joins Burberry, Prada, Tiffany & Co., Gucci, Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Holt Renfrew on Toronto's Bloor Street."

This is what it says, don't know where it is. And 835 sq meters is roughly equivalent to 8300 sq ft.

The building permit is for 111 Bloor West. That is the old LV spot. Maybe they're adding some square footage to the building somehow because as it stands, it's less than 8,300 sq. ft.

The building permit is for 111 Bloor West. That is the old LV spot. Maybe they're adding some square footage to the building somehow because as it stands, it's less than 8,300 sq. ft.

The old LV was 6000 square feet - its probably they could add on and or renovate to find additional square footage/ or add an additional floor. What is interesting - stores that do open on Bloor are consistently opening really large spaces (from an aggregate square footage perspective). Kate Spade's store is double the size of its Yorkdale location, for example.

FCUK will probably stay empty for a long time - the owner of Stollery's owns the building and has crazy lease demands / demolition clauses etc...

The old LV was 6000 square feet - its probably they could add on and or renovate to find additional square footage/ or add an additional floor. What is interesting - stores that do open on Bloor are consistently opening really large spaces (from an aggregate square footage perspective). Kate Spade's store is double the size of its Yorkdale location, for example.

FCUK will probably stay empty for a long time - the owner of Stollery's owns the building and has crazy lease demands / demolition clauses etc...

Good ol' Stollery's :mad:. I wouldn't be upset at all if they left that corner. In my opinion, they've out-lived their usefulness on Bloor. It's a tired, old looking store that doesn't really sell anything unique except for Barbour, and I'm not even sure what kind of selection they have for that. I literally have never seen anyone walk in or out of that store. They could sell their corner for a hefty price, I'm sure, and just exit gracefully. If they own the FCUK building, then I think you're right, it will sit idle for a long time. Sad.

April edition of Toronto Life Fashion also announcing that D & G is opening at 111 Bloor Street West. Doesn't give the square footage - simply says it will be 2 floors. Also doesn't give the date when it will be opening. Any signs of activity at the site? Maybe a Fall opening?

Gabbana mentions that he's never been to Toronto but he knows that TIFF is quite big. So I'm assuming that they would open before or during tiff. Is 6 months enough time to get the store ready? I don't know!!!

Van Cleef is now open in Birks. Beautiful space for sure. I actually didn't realize VC&A was as expensive as they are! I'll probably just window shop :)

80 Bloor Street West appears to be leased. It's no longer showing up on the landlord's website, which it had a few days ago. Not sure how big the space is but reasonably large at last check.

Which store would 80 bloor west be??? Banana republic??? Google shows the store next to Harry Rosen.

That's correct. I just can't remember how big that space was but I'm pretty sure it was over 5,000 sq ft.

Do we know who's leasing the space, the City of Toronto building app site doesn't show any activity at this address.

Do we know who's leasing the space, the City of Toronto building app site doesn't show any activity at this address.

True, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been leased. It can sometimes take weeks for the building permit to be applied for and posted on the city's website.
Also, I'm just really going by the fact that I saw it for lease a couple of days ago and it's now no longer on the broker's website. Seems like a good indication to me.

True, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been leased. It can sometimes take weeks for the building permit to be applied for and posted on the city's website.
Also, I'm just really going by the fact that I saw it for lease a couple of days ago and it's now no longer on the broker's website. Seems like a good indication to me.

Gap Kids is 8000 square feet. There's about 5000 on the main floor and an additional 3000 on the mezzanine level. I believe its been leased for the past few months (according to a broker friend) - I was under the impression it was J. Crew - but my friend wasn't able to let me know.

There really isn't that much top top tier space on Bloor that's available - this is why Kate Spade has leased off the street (its also cheaper). The only space available is the current Tiffany's spot (and the tiny Mac space). Don't expect anything from the FCUK spot until the corner is redeveloped (if that happens in any of our lifetimes)...

If there's no room on bloor, which eventually can happen to any street, don't u guys think new stores can open up in yorkville proper. They could do what nespresso's doing. The same thing is happening on oak st in Chicago. Kate spade will look beautiful in that alleyway. High end shopping and restaurants. Diesel did it, so did teatro verde.

Back