News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 682     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 309     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

this is so exciting for Toronto! all the retail going into 100 Yorkville is going to be really great! and finally a Diesel Store, and Anthropology in Toronto! I wonder whats next? Express? what are we missing now...

The retail portion of 100 Yorkville should be open before next summer.

Ardene is closing their Yorkville store, after 3 months of business.

The retail portion of 100 Yorkville should be open before next summer.

Ardene is closing their Yorkville store, after 3 months of business.

I called it... there was no chance they'd survive on the strip for long.

Now I just hope Legs Beautiful goes the same way... Their entire display consists of thighs.

Why are they moving, to save money?

Well, Yonge Street generally seems more Ardene-ish. Jane Creba country, remember.

As for Legs Beautiful, I always thought that was perfect for Yorkville, i.e. where those aging disco-and-Bemelmans cougars got/get their cheap legwear...

Does anybody know if walter steiger and cole-haan are still planning on closing? especially since it was a long time since Cole-Haan was said to be closing. Plus are they moving to a different location , or are they just leaving?

Labels for Less seems to be closing ... the one on Bloor.

Any info regarding this and who is taking it's spot?

More an ex-Yorkville-scene thing, but if anyone wants to know whatever happened to Far Coast, I noticed its signage in the basement lounge of 1 King W today...

One other thing lost in the UT blackout shuffle: after a generation, the Bay bus shelter's been removed, to be replaced with today's standard model, presumably.

Ironically enough, that shelter was probably the grandaddy of today's shelter type, stylistically and all--and it was the Yorkville BIA's pride and joy. Maybe they should have just kept it as a de facto historic landmark; it defined the location, it did no harm...

Back