News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

A snippet from a recent Toronto Life article reveals that 75 Yorkville will be undergoing renovation soon

And it begins, application submitted:

upload_2017-2-14_16-2-32.png

Design firm is PARTISANS, I think.

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-14_16-2-32.png
    upload_2017-2-14_16-2-32.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:
75 Yorkville plan now available on development portal. What's the verdict?

Current (credit: Google Street view)
75yorkvillecurrent.png

Proposed:
75yorkvilleproposed.png

75yorkvilleproposed2.png

Attachments

• 75yorkvillecurrent.png
    75yorkvillecurrent.png
    718 KB · Views: 386
  • 75yorkvilleproposed2.png
    75yorkvilleproposed2.png
    152.2 KB · Views: 375
  • 75yorkvilleproposed.png
    75yorkvilleproposed.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 383
Design is interesting, but awful treatment of the houseform building on the corner. It looks like it is being swallowed.

There is also a thread on this in the buildings section.

I'm 1/2 in agreement w/Skeezix. Certainly treatment of the existing building is poor to put it mildly.

I'm not sure I can argue for the balance of the design being interesting so much as utterly incongruous.

How do you sink your wheels that far?!

Re. 104-18 Yorkville, "Three European luxury retailers will occupy the street-level spaces when the project is completed towards the end of 2018."
http://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2017/2/yorkville
Very interested who these will be?

I'm thinking Brunello & Farragamo as likely given their moves in other markets (Yorkdale and Vancouver); but lack of Yorkville presence.

Re. 104-18 Yorkville, "Three European luxury retailers will occupy the street-level spaces when the project is completed towards the end of 2018."
http://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2017/2/yorkville
Very interested who these will be?

I'm thinking Brunello & Farragamo as likely given their moves in other markets (Yorkdale and Vancouver); but lack of Yorkville presence.

Fendi was being floated around as a possibility too, from what I remember

Roots Kids has moved back in with the main Roots store, leaving two spaces open on either side of MAC. Anyone know if those places have been leased?

BCBG is preparing to close, with signs advertising their closing sale. It will be interesting to see what retailer this space will attract.

BCBG is preparing to close, with signs advertising their closing sale. It will be interesting to see what retailer this space will attract.

It's a very good-sized space. Maybe Tory Burch will FINALLY open up on Bloor??!!!!!

Back