News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 995     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 370     0 

Black Creek Drive

your nuts putting bikepaths on this road,I know cops at 12 Division dread pulling anyone over to the medium on BCD since the numberous close calls of other motorist hitting them,they usually ask them to move over to Twethewey or Lawrence when writing tickets.

The bike path wouldn't be on the road, it would run beside it separated from auto traffic. To put bike lanes on an expressway is a bit crazy.

The bike path wouldn't be on the road, it would run beside it separated from auto traffic. To put bike lanes on an expressway is a bit crazy.

Black Creek Drive isn't an expressway, but you're right that there is plenty of room. They could even accomodate a curb, a row of trees, a bike lane, then a sidewalk.

your nuts putting bikepaths on this road

Um. Leave my nuts out of this.

Last edited:
And actually, I'm not even talking about a "sidewalk-type" bikepath (though that may make most sense along the most "urban" southern portion of BCD--esp. w/No Frills and everything). Think something along the lines of the Don Valley bikepath--as it stands, the valley of Black Creek north of Eglinton is unfathomably neglected, as if there were no vision to make it anything more than an aggrandized expressway/arterial ROW...

What to do w/Black Creek Drive eh?

Well, that depends on a lot of things.......like what you think is wrong with it now; and what type of transportation system you would like to achieve.

As a licensed driver and car owner; I hate the thought of expressways in my City, I have very little time for them. They are pollution-promoting, sprawl-inducing, neighbourhood dividing, crud.

Highways have their purpose, which to my mind is rural, long-haul, inter-city travel for people and goods. Black Creek Drive does not meet that test, nor would any 'expressway-ization' get it there.

As such the question then becomes, if I could close my eyes and wish it away, what would I do to replace its capacity/function.

The first thing I need to note is, so far as I am aware, Black Creek mostly serves as an arterial road, that is connecting local residents between local places; and/or as an overly long on-ramp to 400/401
Not much change at all! :D

Honestly I don't see Black Creek that way at all. Everytime I'm on it I see most drivers on that road using it as a connector from the 401/400 to the Weston/St. Clair/Junction area. The majority of vehicles I see are travelling from the 400/401 exchange to the end at Weston Rd, and vice versa. There are few who turn off/on at the side streets, outside of Trethewey and Lawrence.

Thank god that Black Creek Freeway connection to the Gardiner never happened. A freeway through Little Italy and Koreatown really would have "improved" things. People who want to "improve" the city like this should go visit Highway 27 and Dixon Road rather than drive downtown. It is the city of their dreams surrounded on all sides with freeways and a mini-freeway running north-south and a huge artery running east-west. Why come downtown when all your highway wet dreams can be fulfilled on Dixon Road.

Construction for the Georgetown South Project, as well as the Airport Rail Link, will go over Black Creek Drive at Weston Road. The key builds are:

BLACK CREEK DRIVE, EGLINTON AVENUE, RAY AVENUE BRIDGES

What are we doing?

* Widening bridges to accommodate more tracks

Construction Timeline

* Design complete: Spring 2011
* Construction start: Summer 2011
* Construction complete: 2014

Anticipated Construction Impacts

* Some partial and full road closures during construction
o Will work to limit full closures to nights and weekends​
* Limited noise and vibration

For more information click on this link to the Georgetown South Project.

Might be a good time for alterations to Black Creek Drive.

Back