News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Big Rock beer in Toronto?

ye242

Member Bio
Reaction score
How hard/easy it is to find Big Rock beer in Toronto/GTA?

Not sure if this beer is known there , but it's our landmark beer here in Alberta... Is it sold at all in TO?? in bars? liquor stores??

TIA

You can find Grasshopper and Big Rock Traditional Ale at plenty of pubs, too. I strongly recommend The Only Cafe on Danforth, they serve great craft beer at great prices. Bit of an alternative place, though.

If you are into craft beer you'll be moving to the right place. Arguably the best beer pub in this continent (Volo) is in Toronto.

You can find Grasshopper and Big Rock Traditional Ale at plenty of pubs, too. I strongly recommend The Only Cafe on Danforth, they serve great craft beer at great prices. Bit of an alternative place, though.

If you are into craft beer you'll be moving to the right place. Arguably the best beer pub in this continent (Volo) is in Toronto.

Cool!! thanks!!! I will be looking these up sooner rather than later!!

These bars carry any Big Rock on tap? Not that it matters, but any that does would blow me away... I am happy and relieved I will be able to find my beloved Grasshopper, Trad and PA at many stores, so I am already very grateful...

Both are great bars. Volo's imports are very expensive unfortunately ($19 for a Rochefort 10), but on Monday nights their cask selection has $5 pints, which is excellent. The Only Cafe has a great selection of Belgians and is not absurdly priced. $8 for a St. Bernardus isn't terrible, and while Volo doesn't have it but would probably charge double that.

Funny that I see this.
Last night I went to the Big Rocker Brewery pub and had a couple of pints of the India Pale Ale and a delicious poutine.

This was quite a treat as I live in Seoul :) Canadian beer here is incredibly hard to find ($8 Mooseheads anyone?). So what a fantastic treat, truly terrific beer.
It's also a 3 minute walk from my home, I guess it makes for the New York Fries that just closed do to renovations by my home.

Back