News   Jul 22, 2024
 289     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 360     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     0 

Big December Construction Update

Thanks for all your hard work in putting together this exhaustive presentation! Perhaps it's the grey skies but, a few exceptions aside, I'm pretty dismayed by the rather poor quality of architecture, execution, and city-building on display here. That said, thanks again and Happy New Year!

It's funny, I was just talking to another forumer yesterday about how we prefer these construction updates to having to search through every single building thread to find new images. Then this great update appears. It also makes it easier for the poster to create a new thread like this rather then update each construction thread. It is a lot of work to create these and time consuming.

Very impressive update and thoroughly breathtaking. I'm so glad to see the vast majority of the projects in the city centre are well-designed, attractive and urban-oriented buildings... the city has come a long way. What an exciting time for Toronto.

For those of you who think some projects are moving slowly this one has to take the cake. It was well under construction back when I started working at a studio across the street from it in January of 2005. It also looks like they didn't either getting the building to the right (Zupa's, greasy spoon) or the structure to the left to build the larger model in the render. Too bad would have been a looker. When they had all the floors installed they were clear spans with no supports in the middle, by late summer of 2005 the floors were all sagging and they had to ad the centre beams.

091.jpg

092.jpg

Amazing effort! Thanks so much. There were projects I'd forgotten about and a few I'd never heard of before. Once again, kudos!!!!

Amazing work as always!

#24 294 Richmond E - did anyone notice how the concrete floor slabs have what appears holes/hollows in them? Radiant heating?

AoD

Smoley Hokes!! What an amazing update, Archivist. Thanks a bunch for taking, what must have been, countless hours of trekking around and then putting it all together for presentation. We missed you at the xmas GT but you just made up for it ;)

With my New Years' Eve-Eve hangover it took me a whole lot of time to work my way through this.

This is wonderful. Love ya Archivist, mean it!

Back