Berczy Condos, The (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

We saw this company at the home show (Kandy 416-356-7663) and the flooring is beautiful. We will also have them in for a quote next spring.

In reply to harry_fine's post we had quite a few issues with our PDI on the 15th as I mentioned before.

We filled the front and back of our PDI form. Lot's of small items, our main concern was the kitchen issues, dents, gouges, kickplates not lining up, our dishwasher was not connected at all.

The gentleman who conducted our PDI was shocked at some of the things we found. Some of the issues he had found during his inspection and was surprised they were not corrected before our inspection. We did not feel rushed whatsoever and our inspection took close to 2 hours. He was very sure that everything would be corrected before we take possession on the 28th, as well he was very realistic and down to earth with some of our findings and let us know some of the minor items may not pass or be enforced by Tarion as they did not meet certain criteria. I found him very passionate about his job and very straightforward.

On another note I cannot post any pics as I cannot get them sized correctly any one have any tips? ( I consider myself pretty tech savvy but have hit a wall on this)

Hi everyone, my family and I just moved into our suite on Friday and so far so good. As we settle in, there are some deficiencies that we didn't notice during our PDI as we only had 1 hr. For those of you who have not conducted your inspection or are moving in now, do take a look at the window frames (ours had a huge gap in one where the frames do not meet), ceiling and wall where the roller shades are installed (ours had some damages), balcony screens holes/rips, hardwood deflection, painting and finish around the ceiling pot lights, lots of paint splashes on floor and fixtures, small dents and chips and scuff marks along baseboards, and the shower/tub faucets should go past the centre when turning left for hot water (one of ours stopped at the centre and we couldn't get hot water but we fixed this ourselves last night). We had 18 deficiencies and most were minor ones that were remedied before moved in but the ones I just listed we had totally missed (about another 20 items). In spite of these, we are completely impressed by the selection of fixtures and finishes and attention to design detail to the overall suite. Concert staff, especially Ria at CC, and our main concierge person have been just amazing.

I also have been meaning to post pictures but can't seem to do so with my iPhone and the ones on my computer are too large to upload.

To smcgaw.....sounds like you had a good PDI inspector......what is his name?

Remember that your PDI isn't your only chance to get things fixed there will be some stuff you don't notice until you have moved in, so be sure to note any further deficiencies on you 30 day form. You will also have opportunities to report at one year and two years. Usually your customer service dept can help you out and is willing to, so you don't end up reporting to Tariof.

Someone asked earlier about the breakdown on closing costs per the agreement of purchase and sale. Here is what you can expect:

Development charges $2634.56
Tarion warranty $1300 (varies)
Deposit fee $150
Total: approx $4084.56 + HST depending on your Tarion

This plus your LTT, Title insurance, Legal fees and re balance of your purchase price after deposits.

Walked by the Berczy today and right outside our entry on Front, there were 5 people smoking. When I asked them if they lived in the building, they said no and because there wasn't a "No Smoking Sign" they thought it was quite alright to continue doing so. They were diners from the restaurant right next door (Sultans Tent). Guess we will need to get a sign up and make sure the concierge enforces it or we will be having problems with this ongoing.

Also would like to encourage a 24 hour concierge once we get our new board in place. We have friends living in the area and they continue to have people getting into their lobby and these people sleep on the furniture and cause a mess and damages in other ways as well. Their building only has parttime security.

All, I'm having balcony flooring people over at my place today at 1:30 for a free quote. If anyone is around and wants me to send them over, let me know and I can ask. Company is kandy, I think same one Harry is referring too.

What is the price range per sq ft of the Kandy flooring?

Re kandy flooring, price per sq ft ranges from about 19 to 24 depending on the product you get. They have a composite product and real wood. It is on the expensive side, you are paying for the complete package and service etc. I guess it depends on how much work you want to do etc. I haven't decided on if i'll get it or not, still deciding. The rep I dealt with was great though, John. Hope that helps.

My unit is a 1 bedroom - 650 sq ft. closing costs from the builder came only at $4,093 (including hst). $3,032 developments charges, $892 Tarion and $169 deposit compliance, that's it. I am really surprised :)

Last edited:
Someone asked earlier about the breakdown on closing costs per the agreement of purchase and sale. Here is what you can expect:

Development charges $2634.56
Tarion warranty $1300 (varies)
Deposit fee $150
Total: approx $4084.56 + HST depending on your Tarion

This plus your LTT, Title insurance, Legal fees and re balance of your purchase price after deposits.

So, how many square feet in your unit? Trying to gauge the DC's per sqft.

Questions:

Who is taking up Roger's 6 month free service vs Bell's 6 month's free offer?

Is anyone looking into alternatives like Tek Savvy?

Questions:

Who is taking up Roger's 6 month free service vs Bell's 6 month's free offer?

Is anyone looking into alternatives like Tek Savvy?

Roger's 6 months free. The Rogers guy who helped with the set up was amazing to deal with and extremely professional. The only thing is that we are finding the cable connection very slow when switching channels. Seems like we are staring at a blank screen for 2 mins most of the time and not sure why this is happening so will have to put in a call.

Back