383     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 764     0 

Beachwalk Flats | ?m | 3s | Harry James Enterprises

Towered

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Lovely little mixed commercial/residential infill right in historic downtown Cobourg near the beach:
IMG_5079.jpeg

Was just there yesterday. A few proposals on a few of the open parking lots like this one. The downtown though is a bit empty as many storefronts are for lease. That being said looks like some new more modern businesses have moved in. Hopefully a sign of a turnaround. Was impressed with the size of the beach steps away from downtown.

Was just there yesterday. A few proposals on a few of the open parking lots like this one. The downtown though is a bit empty as many storefronts are for lease. That being said looks like some new more modern businesses have moved in. Hopefully a sign of a turnaround. Was impressed with the size of the beach steps away from downtown.
Where did you see empty storefronts? Driving along King Street (the main strip) I didn't notice any vacancies, just loads of cute little businesses. Same thing in Port Hope.

Where did you see empty storefronts? Driving along King Street (the main strip) I didn't notice any vacancies, just loads of cute little businesses. Same thing in Port Hope.
Along King Street between Division and McGill St there were several. Some were businesses that had moved but 25 (formely Van's Jewelry), 39 ( a former Salon), 41 (former clothing store) and 52 (formerly Coborg X-Ray and Ultrasound) King Street E are for lease currently on Realtor.CA. On the flip side, many many cute businesses. Although I was kind of rattled most of everything was closed on Sunday, the Buttermilk Cafe portion sizes and old school Canadiana diner feel with carpets on the floor definitely made up for that.

Along King Street between Division and McGill St there were several. Some were businesses that had moved but 25 (formely Van's Jewelry), 39 ( a former Salon), 41 (former clothing store) and 52 (formerly Coborg X-Ray and Ultrasound) King Street E are for lease currently on Realtor.CA. On the flip side, many many cute businesses. Although I was kind of rattled most of everything was closed on Sunday, the Buttermilk Cafe portion sizes and old school Canadiana diner feel with carpets on the floor definitely made up for that.
I was there last Sunday as well and was quite annoyed by how many businesses were closed, or closed early (when I was there around 4 pm it seemed like 90% of downtown was already dead for the day) despite the beautiful weather in a tourist town. Seems illogical to me.

...Cobourg sounds like one of those places where the carpet gets rolled up early. >.<

Back