News   May 03, 2024
 898     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 558     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 273     0 

BB/US Shops

Oh, yes, well, that too. It could be hung from a chandelier point, I s'pose.

Retail: BB/US Shops

I'm off to the Holts "Private Shopping Night". Anyone want to go? Food, drink, cute sales staff. Hurry!

No booze, some limp roast beef on soggy Yorkshire, meagre cups of customized fruit salad, vile sugary little cakes, bottled water. And root beer in the lower level. How's that for a spread to remember?

Why do Toronto's women get the chance to by Issey Miyake at Holts, but we men don't? A few Galliano and McQ things, but nothing unique that anyone would want to wear for a big night out.

My spies tell me that Holts is (Hooray!!!) bringing back it's private label mens line. Did you espy any of it?

I saw a few jackets with Holts labels in - nothing very adventurous, designwise.

I've fallen in love ...

... again.

In Holts.

This time ...

a leather jacket.

Downstairs.

Well, I bought it. An uncluttered, minimalist, pippypoo and doodad-free black leather reversible jacket.

"Baby calf" hide, or some such thing. A small and innocent creature sacrificed its life, perhaps in a land far, far away, so that I may dress appropriately for my perambulations about a city defined by its similarly doodad and pippypoo-free signature architectural style.

Mr Joyboy, the salesperson, was as snake-oil slick as they come. I will be very happy in my jacket. It suits me. It fits me perfectly. Normally, Joyboy works upstairs, but on Saturday afternoon he was toiling shoulder to shoulder with the pretty boy salesman in the basement.

Next week is shopping night at Holts. I'm scared. Lock me up.

On the way to work this morning I saw that Pinstripe at the Eaton Centre has a $10 sale on short-sleeved polka dot shirts in several colours ( dot, dot, dot ) so I stocked up.

Back