News   Jul 11, 2024
 4.6K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 277     4 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 451     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

My brother has been working in there for several months. I'll see if he can grab some photos of the interior spaces and some more exterior shots when he's working on a higher floor.

I think it's FAR easier to create a building design that's attractive, than a pedestrian-friendly, engaging attractive building.

That is very true, and I agree completely. I just don't want any aspect forgotten when projects like this are built. When we're talking many millions of dollars, only the best should be good enough, every time! (What 'the best' is, is very subjective I know, but many projects look like much thought has been put into certain areas and not others. I want it all thought out well!!!!)

Sept 10

IMG_sept-10-090133.jpg

IMG_sept-10-090134.jpg

IMG_sept-10-090135.jpg

IMG_sept-10-090136.jpg

IMG_sept-10-090138.jpg

IMG_sept-10-090139.jpg

IMG_sept-10-090142.jpg

I say not until the second office building is built. It's not only a bigger hole but the plaza (which isn't getting me excited) looks ridiculous without it. 38 storey condos are such bores nowadays.

As always, great pics today Drum.
The plaza is a little sterile looking but the materials are good, it's functional and better than I expected for a temporary space, albeit probably temporary for the next decade. I look forward to checking it out.

Never saw these, and trust me, chances are that means they weren't posted anytime recently or didn't get much "airtime" discussion. Again, your attitude... oh nevermind you'll never change.

What attitude? There was zero attitude in my reply. You're choosing to see attitude where no attitude exists, and that is no fault of my own.

I think that is the podium of the scotia tower.

It is the podium of Scotia Plaza.

Tents and other constructions are being erected in the plaza - looks like someone is going to have a party/concert (or maybe this is for a film crew), then hopefully open it for us all to visit, as opposed to just look! BTW, the plaza isn't temporary, although the area where BA2 will be built is a "temporary" addition to the plaza.

It is the podium of Scotia Plaza.

Tents and other constructions are being erected in the plaza - looks like someone is going to have a party/concert (or maybe this is for a film crew), then hopefully open it for us all to visit, as opposed to just look! BTW, the plaza isn't temporary, although the area where BA2 will be built is a "temporary" addition to the plaza.

OK. If I recall correctly now the proposed east tower will begin pretty much at the east edge of the plaza and the north tower will be pretty much directly across the street from the plaza, west of the Cloud Gardens. Does that sound correct?

Wait - which vantage point do you mean?

Anyway, the condotel will be north of the square, on the other side of Temperance, blocking some of the view of the old Simpsons/Bay department store.

Back