News   Jul 12, 2024
 666     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 641     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 286     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Funny you should ask. The scaffolding has been moved around the corner to start reconstruction, so Bay is viewable.

Facade reconstruction, and the new Bay Street canyon wall

dsc00998yg0.jpg

It does look really good!

Yup....

That's Toronto Western all right. I should know. I work there. Actually that white sloping roof is where the atrium is plus some offices on the upper floors. We hang out there on our breaks. Looking at the portuguese ladies walking by. The taller brick building to the left is where the labs are located. Coming down in the next few years.

the thing thats cool about that photo is the distorted sense of prespective / scale. Anyone not familiar with the city would think Toronto Western is just a couple blocks from the Sheraton Centre if they were given that image. Great view of downtown in any case!

Western demolition.....

From what I've heard, yes. The entire 16 storey wing is coming down. When they apparently complete the new wing housing the labs some time in the next few years.

Not sure if anyone watches the show 'Flashpoint', its decent, but during last weeks episode there was a scene that was probably a couple of minutes in which the actors were on a rooftop northeast of the BAC. For two minutes you saw the giant 'Bay Adelaide Centre for Business' facade.

And on a related note... I must say I enjoy watching that show to see all of the local spots. A couple episodes ago was shot by the old grain silo at the foot of Bathurst!

^ I was lucky enough to see them film a scene for the final episode this week, and toured the studios. You should see the massive vinyl curtain they have with Toronto's skyline at night and during the day for all of the office scenes.

Back