2.2K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 4.1K     5 

Bagel lovers rejoice!

G

ganjavih

For all you who complain that you can't get a decent bagel in Toronto, there is hope. I tried the bagels at Montreal Bagel House the other day after reading some good reviews and hearing that the owner is a Montreal ex-pat who knows the craft. Wow, it was incredible... it's the real deal. I had a toasted sesame seed with cream cheese and it rocked. Check them out.

Last Night A Bagel Saved My Life!

How's Gryfe's for you? I think that's probably the gold standard what a "Toronto Style" counterpart to a "Montreal Style" bagel ought to be.

BTW I'm the sort who skips the cream cheese and slicing and goes for bagels au naturel--both the Montreal and Gryfe's types are great for that, esp. when fresh out of the oven...

I prefer the chewy, doughy Montreal style. Don't skimp on the cream cheese! It's extra creamy there!

Not a fan of Montréal bagels. Too hard, not soft enough. Best bagel chain is Real Canadian Bagel Company. Are there even any more? The two that I think of are at Yonge north of Davisville, and Yonge and Cummer, both gone! Bagel Stop is also alright.

"Not a fan of Montréal bagels. Too hard, not soft enough."

?

You've never had a good one - they are anything but hard.

Second call for opinions on Gryfes vs Montreal-style.

Or for that matter, on What-A-Bagel, which has won some best-in-town polls...

I agree with the Gryfes recommendation...it's by a pretty wide margin the best bagel I've had in Toronto. I also don't really like the Montreal-style bagels...not hard per se, but smaller and denser than Toronto-style (although I've heard Toronto style decried for being too fluffy, so I guess you can't please everyone).

You can get Gryfes bagels at the Kitchen Table store at the atrium on bay, believe it or not.

Bagel Stop may not have the best tasting bagels, but I do like their cream cheese flavours.

Babel Stop does a nice afternoon tea, in an atmosphere of rantipole, embrangle and pandiculation.

Ive been strolling up the street for my bagels at the bagel house for a few years now. In fact, I just had one. I never knew the name of that place until you posted it.

Also, Kettlemens on the Danforth is not bad or St. Urbains in St. Lawrence Market on the upper floor, S/E corner.

but Bagel house is definitely the best in the city.

Back