News   Jul 12, 2024
 874     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 783     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 327     0 

Back Online at Last

It is nice to be back.

I've noticed you went with a reputable/reliable hosting company. Dedicated hosting is always the best route to go.

Unfortunately, as you pointed out, it is costing more in the pocket, but that is the cost of success. Hopefully you can generate more revenue from the ads than you are investing in the site.

It seems to me that the best way to elicit financial support from the community would be to be more forthright about the expenses and income/donations involved with the operation of the site.

so did anyone follow the advice over at SSC and get "laid" during their time off?

800px-Heritage_Day_Dancers_3.jpg

It seems to me that the best way to elicit financial support from the community would be to be more forthright about the expenses and income/donations involved with the operation of the site.

On other online communities I've always found a running donation list to be quite powerful in motivating more donations. It wouldn't necessarily have to show who the donors are; just the date and amount would be fine, perhaps with monthly totals or even a Wikipedia-like meter with fundraising goals.

I'd like to see a "SPONSOR" under a name if they did donate. A car forum I frequent does this and even has a yearly donation membership setup of $15 a year.

The car forum has sponsor benefits, so may be something can be looked into here for those that do sponsor the site. If this route was taken, I'm sure we can come up with ideas.

Again, we are not sure how much money it actually costs to run this site, so $15 may be more than enough or not enough. I know that you don't host the actual images on the site, which is vital in conserving bandwidth.

Though those girls are pretty, I'd rather get laid by a real Hawaiin female :)

Back