News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 675     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 938     0 

Baby, we got a bubble!?

Interested, you can call me anytime, I can pick you up in Maybach 57 or Flying Spur :) don't be shy lets go for a coffee

Interested, be careful before you accept 'free coffee'. Remember, you are supposed to be a man of integrity -- whatever that means:)

By the way, welcome back CG. You should have come back a lot earlier.

Interested, be careful before you accept 'free coffee'. Remember, you are supposed to be a man of integrity -- whatever that means:)

By the way, welcome back CG. You should have come back a lot earlier.

Thanks for the offer condo George.
I would feel awkward in either of those 2 vehicles...( I am a simple person from simple roots):D
I will continue to admire those in the position to drive them from afar. I also admire success so congratulations.

However, that said, thank you for your insight.

Let us know how you feel the market is unfolding as you see it.

New and resale have picked up in the last six month and will continue that upward momentum.......

High end will continue to suffer, being dragged by costs to carry and lack of demand for some sites, $700 a ft is the bottom lets see if we crack that.

Interested, you can call me anytime, I can pick you up in Maybach 57 or Flying Spur :) don't be shy lets go for a coffee

Nothing like a conspicuous display of faux wealth on a message board to win respect from fictional characters!

CN. I knew you would come up with something nice to say :) lol

These are my cars and I and my clients enjoy them. If you have a problem with that then its your problem not mine.

I really want to get together with you and have a coffee too, you may just change your perception of real estate agents.

CG - CN obviously has some serious issues... I would just ignore him like most people

I have seen an increase in Sold activity ... especially downtown... CG please confirm

my prediction is 2014 will be a great year for condos

Interestingly enough, that statement puts you in violation of the code of ethics with RECO and also opens you up to quite a bit of liability should your clients experience a downturn in their units. But if your clients are the type that would take your word as gospel, then I'm sure they're fairly ignorant of their situation also. This is no different than a financial advisor selling risky stock but predicting a bull market.

2014 will be a spectacular year for freehold and condos IMO - If you read any of the recent market predictions published for 2014, there are a lot of unethical people out there (eye roll).

There have been analysts, bankers and other people predicting a downturn for 10+ years. It is a shame that so many people took their word as gospel and did not buy OR even sold property are now faced with much higher prices and lending restrictions that price them out of the market. They are the ones that need to be questioned on their ethics NOT an expert and leader in the industry that is sharing his feelings on the market for 2014.

2014 will be a spectacular year for freehold and condos IMO - If you read any of the recent market predictions published for 2014, there are a lot of unethical people out there (eye roll).

There have been analysts, bankers and other people predicting a downturn for 10+ years. It is a shame that so many people took their word as gospel and did not buy OR even sold property are now faced with much higher prices and lending restrictions that price them out of the market. They are the ones that need to be questioned on their ethics NOT an expert and leader in the industry that is sharing his feelings on the market for 2014.

This rings like a cheap infomercial. TorontoMike, the city is littered with condo units that have lost value in the past several years. You have no basis for your unfounded comments.

The downturn has more than materialized- it has bitten the market right in the butt. New condo sales in 2013 were about 13,000. In 2011 that number was over 28,000 and 18,000 in 2012.

People come here for facts, not useless rhetoric.

Interestingly enough, that statement puts you in violation of the code of ethics with RECO and also opens you up to quite a bit of liability should your clients experience a downturn in their units.

That statement, taken alone, isn't a problem because he makes no attempt to define what a great year means.

It can be interpreted at least 4 ways:
* Very high volume of sales, same price (great year for volume)
* Significant price drop (great year for buyers)
* Significant price increase (great year for sellers)
* No change from today (great market stability)

It's pretty safe to predict volume will increase as a flood of new buildings are registered.

Last edited:
This rings like a cheap infomercial. TorontoMike, the city is littered with condo units that have lost value in the past several years. You have no basis for your unfounded comments.

The downturn has more than materialized- it has bitten the market right in the butt. New condo sales in 2013 were about 13,000. In 2011 that number was over 28,000 and 18,000 in 2012.

People come here for facts, not useless rhetoric.

A friend of mine owns a condo in Etobicoke's Humber Bay area. You'd think their value would go up with all the other developments, however the value of their condo has decreased.

But of course the money hungry realtor's on here will tell you different about the market. All they care about is making $$$. We all know we are in a bubble, that homes are ridiculously overpriced - but of course some realtor's are happy with this because it means they can afford that thousand dollar oil change for their luxury vehicle(s). One day it will all come to an end and many hearts will be broken (and I shall weep for thee). As they say, all good things do come to an end.

Back