Aura at College Park Condos (Canderel Stoneridge) - Real Estate -

Here is the ceiling with the potlights; they're tiny so I also include a close-up
img2011070400012.jpg

img2011070400013.jpg

img2011070400014.jpg

sorry i reposted b/c i couldn't see the images.

regarding smooth ceilings, it could be an issue of finding enough talented trades to do it.
the typical stippled ceilings don't require alot of skill ... just spray and go.

I fixed them

I despise those sprayed ceilings. I was willing to pay the cost, I just wish I could have had it done ahead so I didn't have to deal with the mess, but oh well, I got it done.

Hi carturo; I responded to your private message.

I don't know where they were purchased; the electrician arranged all that. However, I just did a google search and found a large number of places you can buy them.

We also just bought LED reading lamps for the bedroom but they haven't arrived yet so I can't comment on them really, except to say that there was a choice of a "bright" or a "warm" light.

IMG_0206.jpg
IMG_0212.jpg
IMG_0210.jpg
IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0205.JPG

as promised, here are some pics of the colour selection office from my appointment last week. sorry, not sure how to rotate the pics with html;)

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 425
I fixed them

I despise those sprayed ceilings. I was willing to pay the cost, I just wish I could have had it done ahead so I didn't have to deal with the mess, but oh well, I got it done.

i am with you on this one. i hate the stippled ceiling look. i understand that it's a quick-fix for the builder to spray that stuff on the ceiling to hide imperfections, but i really wanted an option to choose smooth ceilings. at the very least, allow the purchaser the option to leave the ceilings untreated/bare, such that we can hire a 3rd party to install flat ceilings. it's simply too messy to scrape the stipple off once it's applied. i'd rather take the imperfect concrete ceiling at occupancy

Exodus, we didn't have them scraped. Strapping was installed and then drywall; still messy (and LOUD attaching the strapping to the concrete stipple) but not as bad as stripping the ceiling would have been.

Had my colour selection today and my experience was similar to Exodus'. Kathy was very helpful in answering my questions and I ended up choosing the same package as Exodus (i.e. the colder colour scheme). Given that I went there knowing there was no upgrade available and there was only three choices, the selection was pretty quick and painless. I am really pumped about this project and hopefully the building is completed on time.

Had my colour selection today and my experience was similar to Exodus'. Kathy was very helpful in answering my questions and I ended up choosing the same package as Exodus (i.e. the colder colour scheme). Given that I went there knowing there was no upgrade available and there was only three choices, the selection was pretty quick and painless. I am really pumped about this project and hopefully the building is completed on time.
I'm excited about the project as well but I really doubt it will be ready for occupancy for summer 2012. I wonder if canderel realistically thought this date over before sending everyone the letter of deferral.

I've just received a letter regarding colour selection for the executive level. Has anyone else been notified for executive level units?

I've just received a letter regarding colour selection for the executive level. Has anyone else been notified for executive level units?

Whenever I get a letter, I shall make a post. Keep watching this thread.

By the way, individuals who had made colour selection for their units on the lower floors had posted their choice of colours on this thread for the benefit of others. Would appreciate if you could make a post about your colour selection as well.

Hi Johnzz,

Further to my earlier post, I have now received a letter from AURA re: colour selection. I had contacted the colour selection office. Some of the answers are as follows:

- appointments start as of August 22; before that date, available colour choices will be posted on AURA web site. Available options/upgrades will also be posted on the internet.

- Final decision has to be made by September 8, 2011.

- we will be allowed to make 1 change to our choice

Once again, if you go the design centre early enough, then, I would appreciate if you could post/pm your colour selection choice or any options/upgrades taken or not taken.
Thanks in advance.

Hi KA1,

Have you selected your colours yet? My appointment is Sept. 19th.

Hi Johnzz,

Yes, I have done the colour selction. Later in the day, I will send you a pm with my colour selections and perhaps a suggestion or two as well.

Back