News   Jul 12, 2024
 863     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 776     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 325     0 

Atom Egoyan's "Chloe" & Toronto's Starring Role

Just came back from it. Almost a full house (granted it was Sat evening in downtown Boston), and the mood of the audience after the movie seemed pretty good.

Part of the plot/dialogue seemed a bit unclear, perhaps because some scenes were cut out? But it was wonderful to see (and hear) all the Toronto landmarks featured so prominently. Only thing is I don't think the word "Toronto" was actually uttered or shown once in the movie.
So it treats Toronto the same way Flashpoint does - it shows off the city and its landmarks but doesn't actually name the city. It's a step in the right direction I guess. Speaking of shows with flash in the title, FlashForward is starting to feature Toronto prominently. It's where Dominic Monaghan's character and his family live.

So it treats Toronto the same way Flashpoint does - it shows off the city and its landmarks but doesn't actually name the city. It's a step in the right direction I guess. Speaking of shows with flash in the title, FlashForward is starting to feature Toronto prominently. It's where Dominic Monaghan's character and his family live.

What is FlashForward?

I did enjoy seeing Liam Neeson's character's iPhone with "Fido" written on it :)

What is FlashForward?

It's a show on ABC (Thursday nights I think unless they moved it), based on a sci fi novel by a Canadian author about a world wide blackout in which every citizen of Earth experiences a minute or so of their future. I think it has something to do with a large Hadron collider type experiment.

I saw it on Saturday at the Varsity. A very full house and most seemed to enjoy it. It touches some subjects not everyone would be comfortable with, but as a whole it comes-off quite well. I did find a scene at the end to be a bit cringe-worthy, but in general, I thought it was a very good effort from Egoyan and a very fine-looking city to boot!

Toronto looked sexy in Chloe... amazing considering it was winter. Hope this starts a trend to have more major hollywood productions set (and filmed here).

Now that Toronto has really made it's big screen debut: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2010/04/05/ott-sacrifice-gooding-slater.html

... might just be the first time in the history of film or television that somewhere else is dressed up to look like Toronto. Love it.

Toronto looked sexy in Chloe... amazing considering it was winter. Hope this starts a trend to have more major hollywood productions set (and filmed here).

Now that Toronto has really made it's big screen debut: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2010/04/05/ott-sacrifice-gooding-slater.html

... might just be the first time in the history of film or television that somewhere else is dressed up to look like Toronto. Love it.

that is utterly bizarre. and ottawa standing in for Toronto...AND L.A.? i'm almost outraged. this must be how new yorkers feel when toronto pretends to be NYC.

Back