News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 289     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 816     0 

Asian Malls (Landmark, Pacific, Splendid China, etc.)

A large (8" tall; the official height of Kirby) plush Kirby toy (the one I have) costs between $15 and $30, depending on the store. Pacific Mall has the largest collection of them; I did an exhaustive search in the mall and found at least two toy stores that sell plush Kirby toys. I have been to the one in the Village by the Grange and it does not stock plush Kirby toys when I was there. There was a time when Anime-Xtreme on Spadina Avenue by D'Arcy Street had so many plush Kirby toys in stock:

Picture%2B773.jpg

Picture%2B768.jpg

Picture+768.jpg
Picture+768.jpg
Picture+768.jpg
This was in June 2008. Notice how all the pink plush toys are in the same place.

I went to that store recently and I believe that it no longer stocks it. My name is a giveaway that I am a CBC.

Last edited:
I'm an American visitor. One thing in Toronto that blows my mind is the THOUSANDS of tiny retail businesses. I assume they all have their clientele. But with the giant retailers, it is amazing they can make it. One thing is the leases on the micro-stores must be pretty cheap. I walk up Yonge St and rubber neck at the stores that seem like they are 2-3 meters wide. Almost like train carriages. Never been to a city with this phenomenon.

‘Asian Yorkdale’ taking shape in Markham

Another proposed feature of the shopping centre is its combination of conventional heating and cooling systems with one of Canada’s largest geothermal systems. The combination system will help save more than 40 per cent of the centre’s energy consumption, Mr. Lawrence said.
“All these small things seem simple,” he said. “But they each add a layer to the building.”
Other initatives that makes this complex unique include the large amount of glass to allow in natural light, the white roof that will not absorb heat, in-ground heating and a 750-seat food court.
The project also includes a parking structure with about 3,500 parking spaces.
Currently the developer is in the construction drawings process and does expect to start construction until 2014, with an expected opening in 2016.
Phase two of the project consists of two residential condominium towers as well.
Remington Centre sales office is set to open in the spring.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news/article/1558103--asian-yorkdale-taking-shape-in-markham

Back