News   Apr 16, 2024
 86     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 

Asian Financial Crisis Architectural Victims

Doesn't Toronto have something similar just north of Christie subway station? It's been "under construction" with zero activity for at least a year now...

Doesn't Toronto have something similar just north of Christie subway station? It's been "under construction" with zero activity for at least a year now...

Are you referring to the building that's almost attached to the TTC? I thought that was still in progress

Are you referring to the building that's almost attached to the TTC? I thought that was still in progress

Well I didn't see any progress at all the entire year that I lived there.. except they took down the hoarding in October I think.

Well, I would consider the Bay/Adelaide to be the Toronto equivalent - it just stopped a little short of the same position and was converted into an advertising stub :p

The bottom structure is still on Sukumvit this year - was sort of expecting it to be gone considering the amount of construction that is going on. My Taylor is located just near that structure - has been there for around 40 years.... back then what is considered to be a major hub of activity was basically a road with very little traffic where you could just pull over to the side and park in front.... now it is pretty hectic.

Surprisingly there is a considerable amount of construction still going on - and more starting.... it was a little surprising.... of course the Thai currency against the Canadian dollar is as strong as it has been in my memory.

Hopefully our skyline won't be dotted with half built buildings like this...

Picture126.jpg

You know, you think of these buildings of monstrosities..... but the picture above (I remember it a little different now)..... that buildings is just around the corner from where I live now...... and it is wrapped in a shroud (dust) and is being demolished now..... It had become almost like a modern art piece in my mind and I am already missing it....

Back